Would It Have Made Any Difference..?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Fergy, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    If M. Tyson had being built like Weaver or Norton?
    In Iron Ambition its claimed that Cus had said he would have preferred Tyson to built like those guys. In the long run would that have made a bit of difference to his career?

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    He did have the same body type, there was not much difference, they were just a bit more chiseled, it would’ve made no difference, he would’ve had to have been lighter to look like them, then two were lighter in comparison to their heights to Tyson, Norton weighed a few pounds more, but was significantly taller than Tyson and Weaver was taller than Tyson by a little bit and was lighter, if Tyson was lighter he would not have been able to back up some of the fighters he fought like Tucker and people like that

Fergy likes this.
  3. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Dmatao is once more proven an idiot. For time immemorial everyone knows bodybuilding causes the wrong muscles for boxing. Plus like most bdybuldrs neither Weaver or Norton could take a punch. Curse and his crew are the most overrated idiots in boxing history.

louis54 likes this.
  4. Fergy

Jan 8, 2017
    Not sure but do you think he also meant more height? So he was on the same level as majority of 80 s heavyweight, in size. In ways his height was an advantage, it certainly was no hinderence early on, but let's say he was 6'2 or taller, is that making a bit of difference?

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
  6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    He could've, but being taller wouldn't have been good considering his peekaboo style and if he was 6'3 with that style, he would've struggled to land his short punches on smaller targets
    Being that tall, he would've had to face shorter fighters

7. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I think Cus meant overall size maybe. To inspire fear when he entered a room. Mike didn't need that as it turned out. People saw him fight. That's all it took.
    Plus Cus liked to fuk with Tyson as he was growing up. He would praise him and an instant later tell him he was a phony. Mike went through it. Tyson did more than Okay.

Fergy likes this.
  8. Fergy

Jan 8, 2017
    Reading Iron Ambition at the mom, Yes, Cus was certainly a screwer with peoples minds. Complex guy, finding it hard to like him reading this lol

9. Bronze Tiger

Bronze Tiger Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Everybody says muscles are bad for boxers ....but then there’s Emile Griffith

10. Shrollleftupper

Shrollleftupper Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 21, 2016
    And Harold Johnson, and Jersey Joe Walcott

11. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    He was definitely a strange guy.

Being a lifelong 49ers fan, I feel the same way reading and watching more things about Bill Walsh. An odd and manipulative (and egotistical) individual.

Fergy and Bronze Tiger like this.
  12. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    He was a certified badass. Cus had some swagger. All that stuff Tyson said over the years was all Cus. When Cus was alive Mike was putting in the work. He had reason to be cocky.

13. Bill1234

Bill1234 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Mike was plenty muscular. Adding more wouldn't have improved his fighting.

14. Fergy

Jan 8, 2017
    It does make you wonder what a six foot odd Tyson would have been like in regard style and capability. Dare we say a little like Wilder, with his power with the peek a boo..? Lol the mind boggles.