Would The Executioner KO The Hit Man??

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Fergy, May 4, 2021.

Who wins it?

1. Hearns?

2. Hopkins?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    I’m very confident Hearns would win this fight. Nobody outboxed Tommy Hearns.
    Guru.

Bah Lance likes this.
  2. Garrus

Garrus Big Boss 1935-2014 Full Member

Aug 27, 2010
    How about the Hopkins from around the Allen and Echols fights?

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    That's the one I think would TKO Hearns.

Garrus likes this.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    It's hard to evaluate Hearns as a middleweight, since he jumped around the divisions at bit. He lost to Barkley but he beat Shuler and Roldan quite impressively. He lost to Hagler but there's no shame in that.

Hopkins lost to Roy Jones Jr., and beat Felix Trinidad and a few others, not sure how good his opposition really was.

Smokin Bert, Bah Lance and BCS8 like this.
  5. apollack

apollack Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 13, 2006
    This is a fight that Hopkins COULD win, if he was willing to take chances, particularly late in the fight as Hearns tired and became more vulnerable. Hopkins had the defense, footwork, head movement, clinching, well-timed blows, and general cautiousness to go rounds and avoid Tommy's killer blows, and at least be competitive. The question though, is whether Hopkins WOULD win. I have a tendency to think that Tommy's height, reach, speed, timing, and power, and general ferocity and boxing ability would keep Hopkins so cautious that he would not take the risks he would need to take to get to Tommy, and he would lose a close decision, even if Hearns had a couple shaky moments in the fight, particularly late.

BCS8 and BobD99 like this.