Would the version of LOMA that beat COMMEY have beaten HANEY?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxingiq2020, May 24, 2023.

Would the version of LOMA that beat COMMEY have beaten HANEY?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2023.
  1. YES

92.3%
  2. NO

7.7%
  3. MAYBE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Boxingiq2020

Boxingiq2020 Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2022
    What do you guys think?

2. MismatchHypejob

MismatchHypejob Active Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2022
    Loma beat Haney. Corrupt judges score means jack **** to anyone who is a serious an objective fan of the sport

3. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    The version that beat Haney will beat Haney again.

4. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Haney was saying before the fight that Loma should have fought him 4 years ago. LOL could you imagine the beating a younger version of Loma would have given that ugly freak.

5. CooperKupp

CooperKupp Jokic For MVP Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    Probably but I’d say the version of Loma that Stopped PRIME Linares would have devin not only pleading for his pops advice in the corner… but eventually asking him to throw the towel in :) Probably by the 7th round

kiwi_boxer, Serge and MidniteProwler like this.
  6. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I've seen the video on the boxing socials you can hear the terror in Devin's voice he realized he had bit off more than he could chew even with a older smaller man. Bill really didn't have the answers he was more or less pleading with his son to just hang in there because he knew he just had to survive until the final bell and the judges would save him.

Serge and CooperKupp like this.
  7. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    Yes, the Commey fight version of Lomachenko would have easily beaten Haney on points and may have stopped him due to the sheer quantity of punches landed. We've been able to watch Lomachenko age fight by fight and the Matrix of this past weekend looked like a faded version of the earlier Loma. He looked the same in small doses and in one big round 11. Other than that he did very little that was special. The Lomachenko of the past was special practically every minute of every round.

8. CooperKupp

Aug 28, 2022
    My favorite part of the fight :D The look scared look on devins face brought a smirk to mine while watching the fight.

“B.. but he knows what I’m tryna do daddy!!!”

Then sleazy bill actually trying to give his son advice on how to start beating a boxer who’s ALWAYS been better than him and who’s decoded his vile ass and embarrassing him on his home soil :) Too funny. There was panic is bill’s voice too :devil2:

That’s REALLY too bad someone threw a beer bottle at bill Haney’s head though!!! I was really disappointed to hear that!!! Jeez!!! Couldn’t have happened to a better person man!!!!

:smile::uptosomething:

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    Serge and MidniteProwler like this.
  9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    We don't even have to try to convince anyone what a prime or even that version of Loma would've done to Haney because everyone knows he would've knocked his ass out.

We all saw what a 35 y/o past prime tiny Loma did to him in his own backyard on a deck heavily stacked in his favour and set up for him to win with a 36 hour weigh in despite the obscene size, weight and reach advantages for Haney. And that 36 hour weigh in meant Loma was facing the biggest, healthiest and strongest Haney we've seen.

It was literally the smallest fighter in the division, a blown up 126 pounder, vs the biggest one, a natural welterweight and the biggest weight bully in the sport, and the only reason the fight was even competitive is because he weighs four divisions more than Loma and has a much longer reach and Loma is an old 35 and past his prime.

If he just weighed 2 divisions more than Loma he would've been KTFO and a remotely same size Loma gets arrested for legal homicide in a couple of rounds and I'm not even joking.

''Now is the worse time to fight me.. because now I'm champion. Now my confidence is through the roof. I got the momentum. I got more experience. Everything has gotten better since four years ago.''

“A long time ago I said Loma needs to fight me now because it is only going to get worse,” said Haney to FightHype.com. “The world will see - what I would’ve did to him, it will be worse this time [SIC].

“I told [Lomachenko] to fight me then because it will only get worse, and it will be a worse [beating] than it was four years ago, that's for sure''

--Devin Haney

This content is protected

Devin Haney 2020: ''Loma is too old too slow''

Tank 2019: ''Loma an old man. I'll retire him''

Floyd 2019: ''Lomachenko needs to fight as many fights as possible, extremely quick!, because he's very very old''

10. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    The Loma that beat Haney beat Haney.

Serge likes this.
  11. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    The fear and confusion in his eyes and etched across his stupid face was there for all to see

Loma had him swinging and missing widely and took away his best punch from him immediately - his supposed ''amazing jab'' which even a huge reach advantage couldn't aid him in landing. Loma had him missing and falling short so much despite Haney's huge size and reach advantages, supposed amazing skills and slickness, and supposed faster hands

And when Loma let his hands go the fear was even plainer to see. Imagine having such an obscene size advantage, weighing four divisions more than your opponent which is a ridiculous amount for a natural 126 pounder to be giving away, and your face is a mask of fear whenever the blown up 126 pounder let's their hands go. Haney looked scared, confused, and was hurt numerous times by an old past prime blown up 126 pounder.

Haney's amazing defence consisted of ducking his head forward and hugging. The skill level between them isn't comparable.

'Devin Haney says he’s better than Vasily Lomachenko in every department in boxing, and he’s going to prove it on May 20th by putting a whooping on the two-time Olympic gold medalist.

Haney. “I don’t like him. I want to beat him bad. I do everything better. I hit harder, I’m faster, stronger, more athletic, and I got more heart. There’s nothing he can do better than me.''

And as utterly absurd and removed from reality as that sounds, his vile fans genuinely believed that too. Look at how stupid both he and they look now.

''He sees everything I'm doing, dad''

12. Serge

Jul 21, 2009

13. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah after all his trash talk before the fight and shoving Loma at the weigh in he was just a scared little boy crying to daddy once the old boy Loma started lighting him up. Loma even out muscled him the only thing keeping Haney from getting stopped was his size and length.

kiwi_boxer, Serge and CooperKupp like this.
  14. CooperKupp

Aug 28, 2022
    LMAO!! That sure sounds like “Da A-side!” in that corner huh?!! :lol::lol: The panic in that boys voice is hilarious.

Side Note… haney is soo goofy looking :lol:

Loma 116-112

15. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: And his face in those screenshots I posted. That was the unmistakable expression of a very worried man both during and after the fight and clearly of someone who knew damn they'd just lost. Body language don't lie and his was dropping some biblical sized truth bombs lol

kiwi_boxer and MidniteProwler like this.