Would you buy this PPV card?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, May 4, 2017.

1. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    BJS v Khurtsidze
    Fury v Charr
    Smith v Walsh 2
    Flanagan v Crolla

Fwank will be desperate to get a successful PPV up and running with the new BT partnership and if Fury comes out of the hearing good to box on that card, I think it's a great opportunity for Fwank to finally do a PPV. To compete with sky he'll have to put on stacked cards and the above card would be just that. I believe it would be possible to put together as no fighter on it can demand a huge purse.

I personally would happily buy the above card and I think it would do well with good promotion from BT. What do people think? Fwank has to do something big soon.

2. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    How many buys would he need to cover all those purses? That look like it would need to do some serious numbers to make money.

3. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    But who on the card actually demands big money? BJS has never fought on PPV as far as I can remember and doesn't warrant a big fee for a routine defence. Khurtsidze obviously wouldn't cost much either.

Fury can't be looking at big money for his comeback either for obvious reasons. This is a small tuneup fight but it will attract big interest. Charr won't cost much, he'll be getting buttons these days.

How much did Smith and Walsh get for their last fight? Doubt eithers life changed anyway. Give them a few more pound for this and it's done.

Flanagan isn't making much money is he? I'm sure he would be content with a modest enough purse. Crolla is no longer a champion and would be a challenger here, how much can
    he really demand?

Don't forget this fight would pack out a big arena. Between ticket sales, revenue and PPV buys, I think this card could make a few quid which would be a start for Fwank.

Is it unreasonable to think such a great card could do 300k+ buys. Sky would certainly squeeze 400k+ buys.

4. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    I would definitely buy that. But it'll never happen so it is irrelevant.

5. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Frank has to do 20 UK shows a year with BT remember. He's not putting arguably his 4 best boxers on the same night. All those fights would likely headline one of the BT nights on their own now.

S.K and Legend X like this.
  6. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Never all on the same card

7. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I probably would but don't think it sells to casuals...so it wouldn't make business sense

8. Mc2

Mc2 Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2017
    I d pass on that tbh. Crolla v flanaghan good match up. Bjs and fury tbh arent really ppv material either. If their not fighting golovkin or fury with one of the top heavyweights...it would be a struggle to get people to tune in. Furys good at the promotional side and as we seen against wlad he can fight...but its not worth watching on ppv for me anyway against anyone but a top name. Him and bjs both need big names to make them sellable imo.

I think hearn basically buried warren on saturday nite. Pretty much beat him at everything...more exciting fighters. Better fights. Much better production. Much bigger commentators. Much better social media interaction. Much better night out. The list goes on. The quicker frank realises hes never gonna be number one again the better. Hes gonna struggle with ppvs for anyone hes got. Just needing to get lucky with signing a lower class of guys hearns getting and see if he can get lucky with one or two of them. Even his top names arent really that entertaining in the ring. Its the masses that buy the fights after watching joshua on saturday...there not that interested in seeing fury jab his way to and easy victory. Klitchko performance was brilliant but as a spectacle it was pretty poor viewing.

9. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Frank just needs to concerntrate on continuing to settle into and develope the very good start he has made to the BT deal...not PPVs.

Leave those to Hearn and Sky - and let's face it, it's only 1 man that's holding that all together...Brook is probably getting smashed in a few weeks, and after that there isn't anything much else

10. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Well for starters Hearn wants at least £1 mill for Crolla to fight Flanagan on BT

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/eddie-hearn-says-anthony-crolla-10102637

According to BJS he has been paid handsomely to fight the likes of Akavov so you can expect he would want even more to fight Khurtsidze

11. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Some good points being made.

My main point was that Frank will want a PPV show soon and if he does, he'll need a hugely stacked card to make it a success.

Interesting to see how Frank tries to grow thw BT deal and evolve his fighters into PPV fighters. BT will surely want PPV cards in time to see a return on their investment.

12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Yes, but only if they don't force me to watch Nicola Adams or Katie Taylor.

13. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
  14. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I have zero interest in Flanagan vs $1 Crolla
    I assume you mean Smith vs Williams? Cracking fight with even more interest 2nd time around IMO
    I definitely would like to see Fury return and don't care who its against at this stage as long as he isn't 300lbs+
    BJS vs Khurtsidze is a very good fight that I have a lot of interest in

Would definitely pay for this if I had too

15. Mc2

Mc2 Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2017
    I think frank needs to concentrate on the new crop of fighters coming through...try and get a few diamonds in the rough cause lets face it eddie hearn will probably get first dibs on the best of them.

Franks stable of fighters is pretty poor in terms of entertainment tbh. And with him not able to market his fighters as good as hearn...there probably wont be enough interest out there for pay per view for any of his cards. He needs to concentrate on trying to get groves...haye or eubank junior signed up to some kind of deal. Thats what i would do anyway. Your not gonna get a good deal out of it with any of them three but just getting involved with them gives you a chance of ppv and a chance to get your other fighters more exposure etc. The majority of people would watch fury. Bjs. flannaghan on tv...but not sure you,d have enough paying for it. You get one of the above fighters on top billing you ve got a chance.