Would you guys be okay with a Lomachenko/Salido rematch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Dec 13, 2017.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    They said that he should have given Salido the bigger chunk lol... Salido priced himself out of the rematch - objective fact.

Staminakills likes this.
  2. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    That’s how THEY ‘operate’ Lol

“B.. Bu.. But Salido retired, doe! Too late! He gone! Loma lost and Saildo got da blueprint!”

Them:pipi

3. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    I would tune in to see Chenko - Brechelt. Unless Arum and De La Arum become buddies again though, probably ain't gonna happen. Roman, tough guy, bless his heart, but is a 5-4" guy with 12 losses.

navigator likes this.
  4. shoe

shoe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Salido is a waste of time. i don't see anyone hyping him up, but i have most idiots on ignore.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  5. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Salido all along said $1 million would make the rematch a reality. $1 million was more than fair considering Salido deserved a UD decision in the first fight and clearly beat Loma.

Also, Roman doesn't fight anything like Loma. Loma likes space and likes fighting on the outside while Roman stays in the pocket. Loma still hasn't fought a pressure fighter since taking a loss from Salido.

Ilikeboxing likes this.
  6. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Despite the outcome of a Loma victory being a foregone conclusion, I think Salido deserves a payday in the range of $1M plus. If Loma has to accept a smaller purse to make it worthwhile, he should do so to avenge his loss. Arum should do it to as a gesture of goodwill for Salido’s contributions to his company and the sport.

7. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Waste of time imo as the guy didnt even make weight and fouled all night and held on for dear life in the 12th to get a shady SD. Just a stat line on the resume but the rematch is useless if you know what's what.

shoe likes this.
  8. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    He couldnt even make weight theres no way he should be rewarded with a $1 mil payday.

9. RingKing

RingKing Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2008
    No, because Salido would get hit by a light jab and go down and stay down for the 10 count. He would only be in there to collect a paycheck. Kind of what Rigo did, but on a whole new level of getting paid for doing nothing.

10. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    No, I would be okay with a Russell Jr. rematch though. That's the toughest fight for him unless he moves up to 135.

11. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    You're right but a casual boxing fan is not smart enough to understand that. :)
    So, just to silence the haters a little bit, I would say yes, I'm OK with this rematch. But it should happen as soon as possible! Actually it should be the next Lomachenko fight.

12. FuMaster

FuMaster Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2016
    What would it prove that Loma is better than Mickey Roman against this version of Salido? It would be a farce.

13. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    The guys who refuse to believe Loma was green will be yelling Salido was old when he quits on his stool.

14. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    I would disagree. Yes, Salido is not the sleekest boxer out there :) but he would never give up that easy.

15. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Actually it was 65 low blows with the ref stepping in front of Loma as Salido was staggering around in the 12th.