Would you rather watch Katie Taylor or Frankie Gavin?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Jun 14, 2018.

Who would you rather watch box??

1. Katie Taylor

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Frankie Gavin

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. Popnvg

Popnvg Member banned Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    BS. Anytime i put BBC One on, i always hear the words "femnists", "womens rights", "gender something"

2. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    putting BBC on is a mistake...

I am just watching 'boxing matters' on boxnation...

I think Colin Hart has been posting on here,he just said 'women dont know a left hook from a coat hook'!!! WTF

3. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Even if you do not like woman boxing, surely you can see Katie Taylor has a terfific boxing brain ?

tdf1974 and cam2010 like this.
  4. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I think Taylor is better to watch overall as a standalone. Interest levels relates to someones opponent. For example, was Gavin v Eggington a better 50/50 match up, compared to a potential fight between Taylor and Cameron ? I know i would rather watch the latter.

tdf1974 and cam2010 like this.
  5. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Perfectly put....

moog likes this.
  6. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Katie Taylor just piles forward mate. Boxing brain? Even if she did possess a bb how would she put it into practice when her opponents are so poor your question puzzles me somewhat.

YearZero and Erik like this.
  7. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    And i have never even mentioned that i don't like woman boxing

8. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Max Clifford in the audience shot was right on cue. 00:14

tdf1974 likes this.
  9. andy

andy Member Full Member

Oct 3, 2007
    For me I would sooner watch ****** tennis than women boxing. Let them do it but don't put it on the telly FFS

10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    What sets Katie Taylor apart is that for a woman she has very fast hands and good stamina. But as for her actual boxing skills, technique and ring IQ, she mostly just bounces around like a gazelle, wading forward, spamming the same combinations over and over again. Even the waitresses and single mothers she's fighting manage to repeatedly land shots on her while she does this but they just get overwhelmed by the speed and work rate.

Just because the sky commentators tell you how amazing she is and better than many of the men, doesn't make it true. Think for yourselves ffs and learn to have some real appreciation for the sport.

Her next opponent is a 40 year-old part timer who has had 18 fights in 14 years. So in answer to the original question - I would rather watch the CCTV footage of the scrap Frankie Gavin had at Butlins than that.

chico g, jonny v and EX7EY like this.
  11. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Katie Taylor hands down! Frankie Gavin is just a lazy featherfisted part timer who still lives off his amatuar days, as if we care. He told everyone live on boxnation that he could beat Maidana, Porter, Garcia etc, his so called fight with Brook was utterly pathetic. He's just after a paycheck for more beer and pizza when this spanish guy squishes him like a fly.

12. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree she gots yoe to toe a bit too much for someone of her tactically ability. In saying that she does it using terrific technique, watch way she switches her areas of attack and her punch variety and precision. Its truly world class, by either men or woman boxers standards.

tdf1974 likes this.
  13. superstarstu

superstarstu Member banned Full Member

May 10, 2017
    Katie Taylor is just there to tick a box comparing her to the shitest spectacles in boxing is pointless , I wouldn't cross the road to watch any woman box and couldn't care less if it's on a card or not , lady boxing will never standalone as a proper sport.

14. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    When is Taylor going to step up and fight the proper champion?

Define persoon from Belgium

15. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    I voted KT as her fights are definitely more exciting than anything Gavin will ever be in but I agree with the above. And the original comment made by Paddy Garcia I believe.

She isn't THAT good, it's just the standard of women's boxing is woeful as a whole.

She really does bounce around the ring spamming the same combos. I've watched most of her fights and I literally remember thinking exactly that in her last fight.

Scissors and Erik like this.