Wouldn't it be great if McGregor vs Mayweather was a financial flop.

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by james4210, Mar 26, 2017.

1. james4210

james4210 Active Member Full Member

Jan 12, 2009
    This would lead to the best possible scenario, both fighters losing. I'm only messing about, I respect both McGregor and Mayweather, they have both achieved remarkable things through their own efforts.

It will probably be a huge success just because of hype and the spectacle of it all. But I really hope and pray that the general public surprises everyone by showing themselves wiser than all the hype and not buying this fight. Because if it is a huge financial success, what does it say about our society.

To me there seems to be a battle between honour and integrity and reality TV show drama and gossip. I don't think these two are good role models, I know they are both great people away from the cameras and it's all a show but for the next younger generation these are their role models, taken at face value.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I'd love for that to happen... But wouldn't count on it... Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses.

3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    This blatant money grab will be a success at making both these grossly wealthy individuals wealthier at the expense of integrity.

An even worse thought has struck me.

Assuming that McGregor somehow sees the final bell or God forbid, has a few moments where he does well, brace yourself for the Floyders spamming threads on McGregor vs Duran/Hearns/GGG where Conor is implied to actually possess ATG skills and that PBF has done great things by beating him :wanker

james4210 likes this.
  4. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    It will do very big numbers - the fight is tailor made for casuals on both sides and you have got two of the best PR artists since Tyson's era IMO.

A circus where the clowns bash each other - who could resist?

BCS8 and james4210 like this.
  5. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I cant class it as a win for his 50th though either, its terrible. Even Mayweather should be thinking its got to be against a credible boxer...

BCS8 likes this.
  6. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    People will class it as a credible win unfortunately. :( How else would they sell the fight?

7. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    the new breed lol...people that don't really give a shite...When alls said and done his record at the end will say everything...MONEY MAYWEATHER...

BCS8 likes this.