Wow, that was the best Evander since the Toney fight!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Grabonator, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Yes, he was better than against Toney and any other fight since then! Im impressed! Hes not as shot as people think! He would beat Ibragimov, really!!
    Now i would like to see Evander vs. Povetkin in an title eliminator!

2. good right hand

good right hand Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    does a upset against maskaev or one of the less intimidating titlist look more feasable?

3. dado

dado Member Full Member

Aug 14, 2006
    cough ,,, coguh ,,, steroids ,, cough,,, nah but serious holy is jacked and umm savarese is not such a viscious opponent since the tyson fight,,, i disagree that holy could still beat ibragimov,,, he can try however,, maybe after another few cycles of sustagen 250 anything is possible and holy turns into the hulk :)

4. emanuel_augustus

emanuel_augustus Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Maybe my memory is faulty, but I believe Toney beat his ass and ko'd him with a body shot.

5. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    I meant he was better than in the Toney fight. If Holy would fight Toney again he would beat him but Toney is shot now and steroid addict so let him alone in retirement.

6. magnificentdave

magnificentdave Constant Reminder Full Member

Sep 14, 2006
    toney knocked holyfield down and his corner threw in the towel :p

7. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Don't get to hyped up and elated . . . Holy looks good because of the caliber and quality of his opponent here.

It's gonna be quite different when he fights opponents like Peter, Maskaev or Changaev not to mention Wlad. :D

8. amhlilhaus

amhlilhaus Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    this is how guys get title shots who don't deserve one.

here's evanders comeback bouts:

beats a insurance salesman who might have thrown the fight. when bates hit holyfield with the only punch he looked to throw hard, holyfield was rocked, retreated to the ropes and covered up, bates followed and threw ridiculously wide shots, then backed up and let holyfield back him to the ropes where he kept his arms at his sides covering his stomach as holy whaled away, causing the stoppage.

he beat a inactive oquendo, didn't see the fight.

beats savarese, never was a top guy.

three wins for a profile guy like holyfield could mean big things, like a title shot or him getting mauled in the ring and causing serious injury to him, giving boxing another 'black eye'