Wrist strengthening exercises?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by ejdge, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ejdge

ejdge Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2007
    My wrists sometimes flex when I punch and my coach suggested I do some wrist exercises... anyone have any? Thanks.

2. younghypnotiq

younghypnotiq Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2007
    towel pull ups
    finger pull ups
    no hand pull ups
    Elbow lever
    Hand Grippers
    Loaded dumbell twists
    wristroller
    dumbell pinch
    rice in bucket grab and twist.
    pull ups work pretty well for your grip. There is one that I know of that is very good, but it is hard to describe. I will try anyway. Basically you grab a pull bar in the chin-up grip(back of hands facing u). Then do a pull up but hold it. then lean your body back a little bit. While your ohldin it kind of push your body out and pull back in . do atleast 8-10 more if you can. If you do this i gauruntee they will become much stronger.Towel pull ups. If you do not know how to do them just pm me or aim me at DirtyJerz4LIF187. No hand pull ups which is you basically grip the bar with ur wrists by placing them on top of the bar and also there is the finger grip pull ups by just holding it with your fingers. Another thing that is good i dont know if this is considered as weight, but if u get hand grips they work well. if they do i guess you could just find something to squeeze. Another thing that is pretty good is to just take a bowl of water and quickly open and close your hand under water it is very good for your hands. The final thing i that if you have a shitty pull up bar that you dont care if it breaks. Take two pairs of grip pliers and grip onto the bar with them then do pull ups. you could just use one hand and rotate after 8-10 reps or however many you could do.take a sledge hammer or a loaded dumbell(all the wight on one side) and rtotate ur wrist in circles. also here are 2 websites. http://www.balisongxtreme.com/baliplanet2/tips/11-28-99.htm
    http://www.balisongxtreme.com/baliplanet2/tips/11-21-99.htm

Finnaly if you take a sledge hammer and just hiit a tire taht is in front of you on the ground.(over head motion swing.) like 20 times it will work your forarms and back. do wrist curls reverse and regular. Also do them in like a fishing motion. Also those grip things. Like the grabber thigns do them. Finnaly a great one is to submerge ur hand in water and open and close your hand repeatedly as quick as you can. If you want to toughen your forearms start hitting it with something soft and then move up until you cuold take a baseball bat to your wrist and forearm. Guerllia press ups and knuckle pushups moght help too alsoi try finger tip pushups.
    also handstand pushups if you can do them

3. JMonster

JMonster Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2005
    wrist curls n squezing exercises dude was talkn about ^^^^...those grip things work real good

4. Box-on

Box-on Member Full Member

Apr 17, 2005
  5. austyn

austyn Yeah I know Full Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Grip thing wat r hard to pull in

6. Lostmykeys

Lostmykeys Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Gud engrish frend