Yeah... Manny Pacquiao is the GOAT...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stonehands, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Stonehands

Stonehands Member Full Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Boxing has a very rich history.

Boxing isn't simple as say a 100 meter dash, where numbers are pure, and tells EVERYTHING.

The NBA top 5 is debated heavily due to criteria. At the end of the day, its what you prefer. (Bron has legit GOAT pure stats but I think he is around top 5~8 all time. The top 1~3 talk is a joke to me. For example, these ' most points blah blah in playoffa history wouldn't have happend if you weren't in the legit weakest conference of all time plus going to go game 7'a all the time) You MUST put CONTEXT into play when ranking basically anything.

Manny... this small ass mofo. Has gave up every size advantage possible his whole career in big fights. Manny taking on marg cotto oscar etc in a 5 year span is equivalent to say.. in MMA, khabib taking out chuck liddell, shogun, rampage, and ricardo arona in their prime. Which is ABSOLUTELY unheard of.

If we were to somehow measure Manny with other sports, he would be a nate robinson sized player that averages 31 ppg with elite defense. At 5 ft 8 going against 6+++ dudes, a 220 lb dude hanging with the 300+ lb dudes in the worlds strongest competition, etc etc etc.

I can't stress this enough. The size disparity. The sheer "idgaf if I die, I will kill him first" mentality going against bigger dudes.

And please don't give me that Marquez crap. How he hasn't mastered JMM. No one is perfect. I REPEAT, NO ONE IS PERFECT, PERIOD. Jordan lost to Bird every single time, Lebron has a losing record against Duncan, SO many examples from ALL sports with the undisputed top 3 GOATS with a 'taint' or a counter argument on their resume

BoxingIntegrity119715 and Bofo24 like this.
  2. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum We really outchere. Full Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Messi has the most hat tricks in Chamipons League history so Niccolini Locche is clearly the GOAT.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ezzard Charles will always be greater. :deal:

Claw4075, Dance84 and DrederickTatum like this.
  4. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Worst Poster of 2015 Full Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Jesus, not sure which fan base is more deluded in these boards. Stopped reading half way.

5. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Unreadable garbage. Yeah, Manny was not giving up a size advantage in about 5 of his famous "8 weight class" run. He also completely drained Oscar and cotto. Hatton was shot and coming down in weight, jmm arguably beat pac 3 times and erik Morales and mab were both ancient. He's also been accused of ped use by many of his peers

6. Yung Goku

Yung Goku New Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2020
    I mean MMA does have Sakuraba and BJ Penn who fought against bigger dudes as well but I guess they weren't as successful against bigger guys than Manny. Mentioning MMA is pointless though, since the "goats" of the sport are eons away from Manny and Mayweather in terms of absolute greatness, even if they're greater relatively than those two in their respective sports.

7. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    A dung beetle is pound for pound better than a tiger or bear.

8. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Master of Chins Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Too many handpicked catchweight fights to be the GOAT. Catchweight fights cheapen the sport especially when we have what 18 Divisions now? Pick one and fight at the division limit.

9. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
  10. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    Former Flyweight.

11. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Not sure about that but hes been unbelievable tbh. Guys took on all comers and still talking about fighting golovkin which is mental at 40 or whatever. He might not have a perfect record but as a boxing viewer it pretty much is a perfect record. Almost every fight...hes brought it. Its easier to beat a guy that does that...as pacmans found out...but on the flip side he,ll be remembered better for it.

Only real blsck mark was the mayweather fight....just didnt do enough. Always felt mayweather was on something for that fight....talks of chsnging his training schedule...hes never changed before in 40 odd fights...then comes out punching like a mule. Floyds punches we,re different for that fight.

12. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    Pacquiao jumped two weight classes. Was Pacquiao supposed to jump THREE weight classes for Oscar?

How was Hatton shot? He got knocked out by Floyd because he was fighting one division up from his ideal weight class and his conditioning was poor. Oh? Because he got knocked out? Pac was knocked out. Cotto was knocked out twice. Ortiz was knocked out. Yet Floyd fought them.

You're just a hater. You dislike him because he's not American and you're a xenophobe. It's 90% of the reason Pac gets hated on.

13. Pakkuman

Jun 26, 2019
    Illegal IV fluids is an effective method for masking PED use.

scandcb and Bofo24 like this.
  14. BoxingIntegrity119715

BoxingIntegrity119715 Super Full Member

Dec 24, 2019
    Before Pacquiao fought Oscar boxing analysts, journalists, and boxing fans all over the world said that dela hoya was too much for pacquiao as he was too big and Pacquiao needed to jump two divisions to make the fight happened. After the fight the Script changed like because dela hoya was weight drained.

Bofo24 likes this.
  15. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Gosh i been thinking about this not gonna lie .im glad you made this thread . it brings a good debate

George Crowcroft likes this.