Yin and yang in the squared circle: Lomachenko vs Rigo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by escudo, Dec 6, 2017.

1. escudo

escudo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2014
  2. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
  3. Mynydd

Mynydd Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Great stuff, thanks for posting. I'd like to know more about how you see the fight going though.

4. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
  5. escudo

May 13, 2014
    I think it starts slow and awkward as many lefty vs lefty match ups do. I think Rigo lands the left over Loma's jab. Loma puts his footwork to use staying off the straight line against Rigo but still pressuring and pushing the pace. Both have shown vulnerabilities on the inside (rigo to Donaire and Loma to Salido) but Lomachenko's size will help him up close. But RIgo is dangerous through out and we won't see the "Matrix" Lomachenko we are all so used to. L0ma takes a decision based on higher workrate and pressure. But there is always that left hand. Who knows if Lomachenko can take that.

Willie Maeket likes this.
  6. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
  7. escudo

May 13, 2014
    I tried some stuff on youtube with mixed results. I know boxing and writing. Video editing is another matter entirely.

8. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Frankly speaking it's not that easy to read a paragraph when something is constantly moving above and under it.

9. escudo

May 13, 2014
    Fair enough, If you right click on the gif and hit show controls you can pause the gif as you read. Hope that helps.

10. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I think the big difference is Lomachenko's punch out put, angles, footwork, stamina, constantly punching, punching and punching..............Lomachenko said that he does better against southpaws for some reason, southpaws are much easier for him..................he's not sure why..............Rigo does not have a good chin, he gets knocked down, his balance is sometimes off, he has speed, but not the angles, hasn't needed it..............doubt if he can carry his power up, but Lomachenko will not stand in front of him wide open for a counter like Donaire did. Donaire does not have a good defense, Walters knocked him out..........Lomachenko is a little bit bigger than Rigo, but not as much as people are claiming................it's not the size that will matter..............