You guys need to stop this crap about Castillo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by 1lehudson, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    :good

2. the_what

the_what Bolo Punch KO Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    You heard me. And this is the true definition of exposed. Not like when a fighter losses then you hear people talk about he was 'exposed.' Im exposing Castillo's weakness to those that dont know. Castillo looks great then he is fighting smaller fighters. He has been a Welterweight posing as a Lightweight for the past 10 years. And its about time he fights a fighter his own size. The Canadian exposed Castillo in his last fight by showing that Castillo cannot deal with a big, tough fighter. About time he gets a dose of his own medicine.

3. 1lehudson

1lehudson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Like I said in another tend, I think that your going to be shocked tommorrow. Castillo is a much bigger fighter, I wouldnt be shocked it it looks like Castillo is two weights bigger.

4. Silver

Silver The Champ is Here Full Member

Jul 16, 2005
    r u serious? man held hgis own vs. the likes of casamayor, mayweather and corrales and others and you say he will get exposed? hatton cant touch castillo's resume. yeah he was big that weight class but it still takes talent to compete at that level. corrales was big at 135 too, even bigger then castillo. would you say he was exposed when he moved up?

5. Silver

Silver The Champ is Here Full Member

Jul 16, 2005
    you seem to be right. all you have to do is look at the man's resume. you cant be competitve vs. that kind of competition soley because you have a size advantage.

6. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Good call.

7. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Bah castillo was shot to shyte in that fight.:bump

8. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Or hed just outgrown LW (hence why he couldn't make weight for Corrales) & had to face a fighter he couldn't physically hustle as much... I wouldn't say he was shot, he was on one of the best spells of his career.. had just beaten Corrales, Diaz & Casamayor.. this wasn't a gimme fight for Hatton.. it was a big fight at the time.. i remember.. & Hatton delivered too.. cracking his ribs and flooring him for the first time in his career.. I don't think castillo was shot I think he just got a Hatton at the peak of his powers.. yes castillo had had a lot of fights by that time but let's not forget about 30 of those fights were in Mexico against uber drivers ... most of whom had losing records lol.. so let's not act like Hatton was lucky here.. because JLC was getting sparked early in his career against far lesser fighters.. you can't just dismiss him because of that great fight with Corrales where they beat the snot out of each other either, the fact is JLC won it. Then Hatton turned him over like a thai hooker... he probably sealed the deal on Castillos career. I think Hatton would always have been a bit too strong for him.

9. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    What up Lancey, hows the weather.

10. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    That version of Castillo didnt have very much miles left on the engine. A prime Castillo would have been a different story.

11. Rollin

Rollin Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2021
    Legacy threads are always top notch entertainment.

Hanz Cholo likes this.
  12. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Yeah mm
    possibly,
    A win is a win
    & castillo was no slouch.
    Not taking nothing from hatton
    But we all saw how well he faired against the PRIME welters. (Mayweather & Paquiao)

that distinction should be made.