You have to respect Hatton

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Jack, Jun 23, 2007.

1. boxfan99

boxfan99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 25, 2006
    ??? Can't you spell what you want to say?

2. Jack

Jack Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Maybe because Hatton is -

1) A big name. Easy money for them. He is the biggest draw in the 140lb/147lb divisions.

2) A great talent. Like him or not, 43-0-0, wins over one ATG and one brilliant fighter. Considering Cotto hasn't fought anybody close to the league that Hatton is in, it seems bizarre that you think he is at the stage where he can pick and choose his opposition.

Cotto would be in for one hell of a tough fight. I've said before that Hatton can beat both, but they are very tough fights. Cotto probably lacks the speed and would be outworked by Hatton. Mayweather's style is problematic against fghters like Hatton.

Hatton has said he would move up,and both Mayweather and Cotto would move down.

3. elias

elias Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Some Americans just don't want to give credit to a white European fighter. That's the essence of the situation.

4. boxfan99

boxfan99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 25, 2006
    To be fair, he can perhaps beat Cotto, I'll give you that.

5. Jack

Mar 11, 2006
    I think Hatton's style also leads people to think he isn't as good as he he is. But, hey, it works. Those same people would probably hate on Carlos Monzon if he turned up today.

6. TIGEREDGE

TIGEREDGE Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    BULL****

7. Jack

Mar 11, 2006
    OK, obviously not.

So far I've read:

Castillo dived, because he wasn't getting any money (Which is incorrect)
    Castillo's mind was't in it because of his brother (Which could have spurred him on)
    Castillo's mind wasn't on it becaue of Corales dying (I doubt he cares that much - Hell, it was Hatton who got Diego's wife there)
    Castillo is shot (Based on being outclassed by Hatton and one bad performance. Against Reyes, he looked decent, and that was right after the biggest win in his career)
    Castillo was also weight drained, aparently (Despite getting to 140lbs easily. His weight increase is no different to other fights around 140lbs.

So it's clear that Hatton is stll not respected.