Your Boxing record?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by The_Hitman92, Jan 15, 2009.

1. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    37 fights 20 wins from 1977-81.
    what i want to know from everybody is,the worst ,crap trophy you won.mine was on my debut, at a big show in blackpool.it was a watch that must have gained an hour a day.
    two nights later i boxed in liverpool at a little working mens club or similar and got a rose bowl ,shield and something else(?)

2. TheRock49

TheRock49 Active Member Full Member

Nov 20, 2008
    At my fight at the state fair in Milwaukee a couple years ago, we (the fighters) were all just given a us boxing t-shirt. The little kids who fought (like 10 years old) were given a little medal...

3. Executioner

Executioner Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2006
    What a bunch of ****in liars some of the fools in here are. :lol:

4. MIK1000

MIK1000 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2005
    some of the plastic trophies are just a kick in the teeth. U don't even want to display them. The last trophy i got was the best it had a boxing glove and training back then a nice wee clock on it.

5. Brian Zelley

Brian Zelley Active Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2006
    We didn't get trophies for club shows when I boxed.

6. QuestionKid7

QuestionKid7 Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2006

Thats no big deal, you learnt and you're ready to kick some arse! :bbb

Rocky Marciano had a similar experience haha I think most people do as well.

Good luck in your fight.

7. QuestionKid7

Apr 11, 2006
    I had 1 exhibition fight with a guy at the same boxing club I was in. Mainly the fight was to get me used to being in the ring in front of people. Also for his 5th fight so he could attend the provincials.

So I'm 0-0 with 1 exhibition.

I was boxing for about a year and a half, I took some time off got a job etc. I am back at it now talked to my trainer a couple days ago about getting some amateur fights.

So he's going to get back to me and I'll see how it pans out. I am excited I really feel ready I just hope it is easier to get fights now at my new weight and age.

8. turpinr

Feb 6, 2009
    i've still got some of the programmes from when i boxed,some have the wrong opponent,wrong weight,either you just turned up and got a fight or your opponent did or they didn't turn up.
    the last one is the worst when your all psyched up and no-one to fight.
    do they still have blue medical cards in the UK ?

9. Power

Power Active Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2005

thanks mate, went running last night and was thinking all the way through, " i am one mean mother****er" and was laughing at the same time

how old are you and what weight do you want to fight at

we handed the details out to all the different clubs yesterday felt good because i know its coming close.

10. SweetScience

SweetScience Accuracy is the key! Full Member

Mar 25, 2007
    1-1 (however that win disappoints me)

11. turpinr

Feb 6, 2009
    thats how it goes isn't it.
    some of my wins i can't remember and losses are really clear especially if you thought you'd won.i was 0-2 after 2 so you've bettered me.
    my tainer used to say to me "you'll win more than you lose" which i found was quite profound.

12. Youngblood

Youngblood Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2008
    I got a beer glass back in November that had some 'praise Jesus' stuff on it. On my way back to my hotel room accidentally dropped it getting out of the car and that was that.

13. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    i still ahve programmes of my old shows i have done wrong weights and all that. in my card it says i once boxed at 52 in the morning of 1 day then 66kg later on in a tournament.

in scotland it is red cards we have.

the worst trophy i got is from a fight where i was blantently robbed and i got a pishy plastic cup and lobbed it across the changing room nd broke it

14. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Mine is gray/blue. How blue did they used to be?

15. QuestionKid7

Apr 11, 2006
    I'm 16, weighing at 170pounds. My last fight (an exhibition) was at age 13, 120pounds. So I'm psyched for another fight, been sparring a lot lately getting ready, however I don't have a definite date of when I could be fighting.

Whats your age/weight?