Your current Cruiserweight top 15..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Red Revolution, Aug 15, 2015.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    My list is of course the most accurate and best.:deal

1 Grigory Drozd
    2 Denis Lebedev
    3 Krzysztof Glowacki
    4 Marco Huck
    5 Oleksandr Usyk
    6 Ilunga Makabu
    7 Rakhim Chakhkiev
    8 Dmitry Kudryashov
    9 Victor Emilio Ramirez
    10 Krzystof Wlodarczyk
    11 Thabiso Mchunu
    12 Yoan Hernandez
    13 Ola Afolabi
    14 Mateusz Masternak
    15 Firat Arslan

Who the hell is Fart Arslan?:lol:

2. Vysotskyy

Vysotskyy Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Terrible list

- Ola lost to Ramirez but is above him
    - Mchunu lost to Makabu but is above him
    - Glowacki is champ beating Huck but below Masternak, Mchunu, Kudryashov, Chaskhkiev

The actual ratings if i was a sanctioning body based on merit and h2h would be something like this.

*Perhaps Huck drops below Ramirez since it was a KO loss.

1-Drozd
    2-Lebedev
    3-Glowacki
    4-YPH
    5-Huck
    6-Makabu
    7-Ramirez
    8-Wlod
    9-Chakhkiev
    10-Kudryashov
    11-Usyk
    12-Kalenga
    13-Mchunu
    14-Ola
    15-Arslan

3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
  4. Hercegovac

Hercegovac Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Good list, glad you put Wlod over Chahkhiev for now, considering he did knock him out in their fight.

CWs a very intriguing division, can't wait to watch more of the top guys fight each other, seems like it happens more here than at any other division in boxing. Afolabi-Chahkhiev, Drozd-Makabu, and Ramirez-YPH are all happening soon

5. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    You're right, but his loss was kind of bad one, it could be a career-changer so I'll see how he bounces back.

6. Vysotskyy

Vysotskyy Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chakhkiev has rebounded nicely though with his wins over Haapoja, Silgado, Fragomeni, Junior, Brudov so you could argue him above Wlod based on that activity.

Wlod got shut out by Drozd but he lasted the distance and Drozd is a quality fighter. Not as bad as the Huck loss so looking it over i would probably go

5- Makabu
    6- Ramirez
    7-Wlod
    8-Huck

and definitely switch Ola and Mchunu for the same reason. Ola lasted against Ramirez and has a better body of work while Mchunu got stopped.

You could argue that Huck's body of work is deeper than Wlod's and keep him one spot above depending what you value more overall resume or current results. Same with Chakhkiev/Wlod.

If Rakhim beats Ola, that along with the other guys he's beat since the Wlod loss, you could argue puts him above Makabu and Ramirez. Until Ramirez dethrones YPH of course.

If we end up with

Lebedev
    Drozd/Makabu
    Glowacki
    Ramirez

as Champions how awesome is that. All exciting fighters and all willing and able to fight anybody else in a division basically free from seperate promotional and TV divisions. Plus Usyk, Kudryashov and Chakhkiev in line for title shots if they don't lose.