Your current top ten heavyweights?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Austinboxing, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Mickc

Mickc Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Fury
    Usyk
    Wilder
    Joyce
    Joshua
    Parker
    Whyte
    Chisora
    Ortiz
    H Fury
    I would however like to see H Fury fight both Chisora and Whyte .

2. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    My humble update to this list:

1. Champ: Fury (obviously)
    2. Usyk (undisputed CW champ, unified HW champ no loss)
    3. Joshua (former unified champ, 2 losses)
    4. Joyce (steady progress, undefeated, gonna be hard to beat unless you're a dynamic fighter)
    5. Wilder (Fury may have beaten it all out of him)
    6. Parker (Good, but not great, he won't beat the top, top guys)
    7. Whyte (Good resume, but his level is clear, already lost to two of the top guys brutally)
    8. Hunter (1 loss to 2nd best HW but looked real precarious lately, he might've already peaked)
    9. Filip Hrgovic (clearly better than those outside the top 10)
    10. Frank Sanchez (meh, but he beat a supposed blue chip prospect who really wasn't a blue chip prospect)

I think both Ruiz and Ortiz should be dropped from the top 10 after their respective performances.

3. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    I like your list better than one with Ruiz , Ortiz ,Pulev and Hunter on it.

4. Veerbone

Veerbone Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2021
    1. Fury
    2. Usyk (only because Fury is a physical freak)
    3. Deontay Wilder
    4. Anthony Joshua
    5. Joseph Parker
    6. Andy Ruiz
    7. Joe Joyce
    8. Daniel Dubois
    9. Hrgovic
    10. Dillian Whyte

5. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I find this to be pretty reasonable.

I have Usyk and Fury tied for the 1-2 spots. Many of Usyks cruiserweight wins have had successful heavyweight careers, and one of Fury's best wins in Cunningham was a career cruiser. So I see no difference.

Hunter looked like garbage in his last outing but you are right that he has a fine body of work.

6. Put to the test

Put to the test Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2022
    1 Fury
    2 Usyk
    3 Wilder
    4 Joshua
    5 Ruiz
    6 Joyce
    7 White
    8 Parker
    9 Ortiz
    10 Hunter

7. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    1. Fury
    2. Usyk
    3 Joshua
    4.Whyte
    5.Ruiz
    6.Ortiz
    7.Parker
    8.Joyce.
    9.Hrgovic
    10. Zhang.

8. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010

My list as of last month.

9. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Top 1-2

1. Usyk - Because he has more belts and the more impressive victories as Joshua is a more proven opponent than Wilder. Joshua didn't hurt Usyk much at all, but Wilder really hurt Fury at times. You could argue that proves Wilder more, but it could actually prove Usyk is better as he won more comfortably.

2. Fury - I don't consider Whyte much of a victory since he was KO'd by pre-covid 41 year old Povektin, but Wilder is a good opponent.

3-6th - Difficult to separate them now really as over the last 3 years they've all been a bit questionable, so i'll separate them as best I can.

3. Joshua - More impressive resume than those below overall despite wins not being that impressive over the last 3 years, but still has the highest number of top quality opponents and has beaten all of them besides Usyk. On top of this, he beat Parker, Ruiz and Povetkin without too much difficulty. Povektin caused him problems, but it wasn't a life and death fight, Povetkin was clearly KO'd and outmatched in the end.

4. Joyce - Going with Joyce over Wilder as has more impressive recent wins and better resume than Wilder overall really. Takam and Dubois would probably beat most of Wilder's wins. 2022 Parker is a better win than anything Wilder has pulled off.

5. Wilder - Quick win over Helenius showing himself far above the Chisora/Takam level. Beat a better version of Ortiz twice. Troubled Fury.

6. Ruiz - A win over Ortiz is a good win, catapults him above the below. Has beaten Ortiz more recently than Wilder has, but Ortiz is far more shot now.

7-10th - Difficult as not many people below here have many great wins.

7. Whyte - I'm saying this largely on resume, the guy has some decent wins such as Parker, Chisora, Rivas. Based on resume I'd have to give it to him. I'm sure Ortiz could definitely win, but Ortiz has no real notable wins, just good performances against top opponents.

8. Parker - Beat by Whyte previously so below him. He did destroy Chisora in the 2nd fight and beat him far more convincingly that Whyte or Usyk did. So I consider that better than anything anyone below has done recently.

9. Ortiz - Even though he doesn't have much in regards to impressive wins, his performances against Wilder and Ruiz would suggest he's in the top 10. He hurt Widler way more than any other opponent besides Fury and only the knockdowns separated Ruiz and Ortiz. Ortiz has proven himself above the Chisora/Takam level opponents by beating Hammer, Cojanu, Martin etc.

10. Chisora - Gonna have to put Chisora in the top 10 for a good win vs Pulev and I also think he beat Parker the first time, or at least earned a draw. Seems to get better with age. His win agianst Pulev is more impressive than any win of anyone below this rank.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022