Your Defense

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by BagsWithDust, Sep 25, 2014.

1. BagsWithDust

BagsWithDust Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 18, 2009
    What Defense have you guys TRIED to do and always REVERT back to?

For instance I always try to do the shoulder roll and get reminded every time i get punched in the face that I am no philly fighter. So i always revert back to my turtle style defense kind of like winky wright and ike quartey. I find when i fight with my gloves up my offense and defense are ton better but i dont look as slick as i want to be :oops:

2. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Understanding distance and range is always the best defense to master. Everything else comes from that.

3. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    I am tall and rangy and use a loose style with my knees bent and lots of head movement. But I only do this at distance. Once someone gets inside on me I tuck up and tight as I can until I can get back outside.

4. ajbuenaventura

ajbuenaventura New Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2014
    I believe using your footwork, such as, lateral movement, pivoting, moving in n out, circling, as well as creating and understanding distance is the best defense to master in boxing.

5. captain hook

captain hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    :deal

i`m trying to master this,takes really long time and hard work

6. ajbuenaventura

ajbuenaventura New Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2014
    watch the cuban fighters such as Rigondeaux and Kindelan during their amateur days.. their footwork was epic.

Watch the video 'Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Japan 2001 World Amateur Boxing Championships' on youtube still can't post links but trust me study that, master it, then you'll be dancing around everybody lol.