Your Diet

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Johnboy2007, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Johnboy2007

Johnboy2007 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 21, 2007
    Just want to know really what people do diet wise. My workout is ace at the moment but i want to sort out my diet for maximum effect

2. Johnboy2007

May 21, 2007
    If you chose 5 just say in text which one of the others you choose too. Thats the one im most interested in i want to see if people use protein shakes poweders and bars or dont bother. I have a feeling there a waste of time?

Any other coments welcome

3. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I really dont **** with any shakes or whatever right now my diet is basically like this.

12:00 Noon wake up and eat a bowl of Oatmeal with a nice bottle of Orange Juice.

1:30 This is my meal before work its usually some kind of Meat with a side of some vegetables like Peas,Broccilli,Mashed Potatoes,Green Beans whatever.

6:00 This is around my 1st break at work and I usually have a packed lunch of a Bannana,Peach,Nice Sandwhich on Wheat bread and a bottle of Turkey Hill Tea.

9:00 Around my 2nd work break and alot of times I go over to the Chinese Place and get something like General Tsos Chicken or some kind of Meat with Veggies type meal and a nice bottle of Vitamin Water Revive from the CVS.

12:00 Whatever my family made for Dinner which around here we eat alot of Spaghetti,Chicken in Fried Rice,Pork Burgers with Veggies etc.

4. chinachin_76

chinachin_76 Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2006
    I'm on a seefood diet. I see food I eat it. I've got a fast metabolism so I can eat as much as I want and not gain weight. But I still eat fairly healthy and live a healthy lifestyle.

Don't waste your time on protein shakes.

5. Johnboy2007

May 21, 2007
    Great info boys and girls keep it coming

6. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    i eat whatever i want when ever i want every 3 hours

7. allenko1

allenko1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2005
    I eat whatever I got in the kitchen. I could do better but...

8. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Protein shakes and bars are supplements (additions), not replacements.

9. Zhaakal

Zhaakal Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Lucky ****er:tired :bbb :good

10. Johnboy2007

May 21, 2007

Correct bad wording on my part sorry :blurp

11. Little_Mac

Little_Mac Active Member Full Member

May 18, 2007
    Every morning i get up 6:30-7ish and have a small bowl of Malt-O-Meal (its wheat cereal) and probably 2-4 cups of coffee with maybe a banana or apple.

Lunch is at 11-12 and usually consists of some lunchmeat sandwich, yogurt, carrots, broccoli and celery with a banana or apple and a meat stick or two.

I usually have a small handfull of unsalted peanuts as a snack sometime during the day

Dinner is at 6-7 and is whatever was made or whatever is left over (usually healthy, sometimes not so much). I typically eat chicken, steak, pasta, roasts, fish, tacos... alot of meat oriented stuff. Most of those usually are served with potatoes as well.

I have to snack on something at around 10 at night. maybe rye c r a c k e r s or yogurt. Occasionally something pretty unhealthy.

12. Filmnpuck

Filmnpuck Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2007
    I don't really watch HOW MUCH I eat (I could stand to gain a few pounds), but I do pay close attention to what it is I eat.

No junk, no white breads, nothing with corn syrup.

Basically start the day with either a bowl of shredded wheat or oatmeal. A piece of fruit along with that.

My schedule is weird, so I end up eating at odd times of the day after that. I like to make smoothies with yogurt and frozen fruit. I make a lot of salads, I'll cook a chicken breast first and cut it up and put it in the salad. Whole wheat pitas with hummus. PB & J is always good (making sure there's no corn syrup in the J). Cottage cheese. Fruit. More fruit... Really the only thing I'm trying to work on with my diet right now is to work in more veggies. Probably not getting enough right now.

13. loveforboxing

loveforboxing Active Member Full Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Get up at 9-10 am. For breakfast it's usually oatmeal with bread (once a week I'll have a scrumbled eggs), green tea and I always take my vitamins in the morning which is alive multivitamin, fish oil and apple polyphenols. Then around 1 pm I'll have a protein shake with some fruit or organic bar. For a break at work I usually take waffles with yogurt and a fruit. When I come back I have a dinner. and 1 hour before bed I'll have couple sliced of breat with vegetables like lettuce, onions tomatoes on them. I only drink water green tea and juices. No pops. I dont dring any alcohol, i don't smoke non of that man.
    if that's not healthy than I don't know what is....

14. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Breakfast (5:30 AM): 5 Egg Whites, 1 cup Oatmeal, 1 Banana, 8 oz. Orange Juice

Snack (8:30 AM): Protein Shake

Lunch (12:00 PM): White Meat, Vegetables

Snack (3:00 PM): Glass of Skim Milk or Yogurt, Nutri-Grain Bar, Fruit

Dinner (6:30 PM): White Meat, Salad, Brown Rice

Snack (10:00 PM): Protein Shake, Cottage Cheese

I allow myself one day to eat what I want each week. A few years back I weighed over 210 pounds - in other words, I was built like James Toney. With a diet similar to this, I was able to get down to 155 and I've been able to maintain it by eating like this just about every day. I'm around 160.

15. jimmy1991

jimmy1991 Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2007
    yer mate iam the same as u