Your Final Prediction - Pacquiao vs Thurman

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by titanic, Jul 11, 2019.

Pacquiao vs Thurman. Who takes it?

Poll closed Jul 20, 2019.
  1. Pacquiao UD/SD

39.3%
  2. Pacquiao KO/TKO

16.3%
  3. Draw

5.2%
  4. Thurman UD/SD

31.1%
  5. Thurman KO/TKO

8.1%
  1. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Pacman is the favorite in Vegas and here in Japan not just in this forum. 41 years old but young 41. It's not the mileage, its the MAKE ;)

JabCross727 likes this.
  2. JabCross727

JabCross727 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Make: Filipino
    Model: Pacquiao

Paranoid Android and titanic like this.
  3. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    I think Pac will be robbed of a decision win tonight.

4. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Pacquiao - V8 Division Champion

Thurman - One Time cylinder single stroke

JabCross727 likes this.
  5. JabCross727

JabCross727 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Are we smelling a Pacquiao vs. Thurman and Boxing politics machine (Al Haymon, Vegas, etc.)? Could be possible, but I all hope we don't see that.

6. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I want to see Pacquaio shut Thurman's big mouth he deserves it. But most of all Let it be a fair fight with the legitimate best man on the night getting the win he deserves. Plus praying everyone come out with no serious injuries

7. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    I tend to agree with them. Pac fights at a faster pace and still connects well. If he lands a good one to Thurmans body, well its not a secret when when even B and C level fighters catch him there. Keith will be in serious trouble if Manny catches him with a body shot and goes in for the finish. Thurmans best chance is to make it physical and dirty imo. I like Keith but he simply hasn’t been overly impressive lately. Whether its due to past injuries, nobody really cares.

bandeedo likes this.
  8. YCGS

YCGS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    I think I can see why Pac is a favorite. Look at Thurman's fight against Porter. It was before the injury and at his prime best and he eeked by a swarming but mostly sloppy and powerless fighter.
    Since the layoff Keith certainly didn't look sharp and I think he is going to find Pac a lot harder to time than Porter was and that will make him cautious to pull the trigger. I think he is going to end up going backwards and on his bike by round 7.
    This version of Pac is still superior to any version of Porter (IMO) and Keith tends to run out of gas. Pac really doesn't gas. Keith can KO Pac no doubt, but I don't think he will end up in a position to. I don't feel Thurman can outbox Pac because Pacquiao will always try to make it a fire fight and Keith can't resist himself and I don't feel Keith has an advantage there.

9. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Age ( 40 ) doesn't work out well vs. younger a puncher ( 30 ) unless the old fighter is a defensive shut down type of technician. Its not like Thurman is an unknown and because he's undefeated, I think a fix is less likely.

Thurman via big time KO is my pick. And after that maybe Crawford will fight him.

Manny, please retire.

10. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Want to rethink any of that post ?

11. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Sucker’s bet eh? I guess Pac was the smart money after all. :D

Pimp C likes this.
  12. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member