your first time sparring expiernce

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by ivandrago805, Mar 22, 2009.

1. patpatpts

patpatpts Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2007
    damn most of your didn't have pleasant time in the ring your first time. did they take into consideration that this was your first time or was they like **** it i'm kickin your ass. i think the more experience fighter should fight according to where you at but if you try to go full throttle. he has every right to kick your ass. i would't say he went full throttle but he knew better to not go through the motion with me couple minuites into the round. i was more tired than anything.

2. Dan684

Dan684 Dave's Stepdad Full Member

Feb 19, 2009
    First time I sparred was ok. Our coach used to fight at a national standard. He was only 3-4 years older than me but coulnd't fight due to injury in his knee. He basically made me look very very poor, he dodged everything I threw and hit me with some hard shots. He didn't take no liberties though which I appreciated and he sat along the ropes and in the corner quite a lot and let me have a go (to no avail:) ). He proved to me how hard it it when someone else is throwing punches back. I trained as hard as i could from that day on to make sure i'd never gas out in a fight. I only had 2 fights but I trained like a pro.

3. danners2003

danners2003 New Member Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I threw the jab the whole time and got hit alot. but I really enjoyed it.

4. Mohak

Mohak RIP Smokin' Joe Full Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Thrown in against a kid who had years more experience than me, big ****er too. He dropped me hard with a punch to the solar plexus. I clearly remember the feeling when the punch landing and thinking ''Hmmm, that didn't hurt so...........'' stopped breathing and took a knee.

Good times.

5. stormy

stormy Live and Learn Full Member

Mar 17, 2009

lmao :rofl yep! i know that feeling alright lol

6. MrMagic

MrMagic VIP Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2004
    I know :lol:

He told us to take it ez but we got it going pretty tough.

Luckily, this guy wasn't nearly as good as he could've been.. I would've been in trouble against some of the better boxers in the gym at the time.

7. MaliSlamusrex

MaliSlamusrex Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    First sparing session i had i took a high kick straight to the face, cut my mouth open pretty bad, that's all i really remember.

8. Power

Power Active Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2005
    i was lucky and sparred with my mate, and beat him easy lol. i was much bigger and athletic because of rugby. but i gave him a bust nose by accident not really knowing how to tone my punches down and realising my power. someone there thought i was a bully so next time i sparred they went to town on me lol a big massive heavy weight *******. lol

9. colin7878

colin7878 Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2008
    I KOed the other dude with body shot 1min into the first round :bbb

10. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Can't really remember the exact first time, but I do remember it was scary and I had no clue how to stop the punches from landing on my head.

11. jordaw

jordaw Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2009
    The first time I ever sparred i was brought to a boxing gym for the first time so I was already intimidated to begin with. I get put in the ring with a guy who was just starting to go pro and weighed thirty pounds heavier than me. As i was going in my trainer just goes "you better move around because he hits hard". I step into the ring and midway through the second round i am knocked out with a broken nose. afterwards when i am speaking to the guy i sparred with, I told him that i was glad i knew what it was like to get hit and he just says "wait. you have never sparred before?" The reason why I knew I loved boxing after that was because getting a broken nose didn't affect my love for boxing in the slightest bit and if anything it just excited me. In my opinion you know whether or not your cut out for boxing after you have been beat up for the first time.

12. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I had a similar experience with a novice. His form was good and I had no idea it was his first time, so when I clocked him on his jaw and he turned away I was really surprised. Only then he asked me to take it easy because it was his first time in the ring. I felt a bit like an ******* but I think someone should have told me.

13. jordaw

jordaw Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Well its a good thing to give the novices a beating anyways because its the best way to teach you how to not get hit. My trainer always puts me in the ring with people heavier and faster and more experienced than me because thats honestly the best way to learn. one of the reasons why i have a good defense now was because I was constantly being put in the ring with people twenty pounds heavier than me and if i didn't stay on my guard I would get hurt.