Your opinion on IFL and KOOGS

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by FuryFTW, Jun 3, 2020.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    i met him years ago outside Frich Groves 1 weigh in and i had a wee chat with him. He seemed the opposite to arrogant when i was speaking to him. He seemed sound. Maybe hes changed i dont know. Remember then too, Johnny Nelson was a class act too.

2. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    He is just an mtk yes-man and it is pathetic so I dont bother watching now. Also very arrogant. I much preferred Helder TBH.

3. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Boxing Social is miles better.

Casuals watch IFL TV.

Suspect.chin and velagod like this.
  4. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson “U should have been banned for life”-some fangirl banned Full Member

Mar 25, 2020
    IFL isn’t as good as it used to be in my opinion

5. ShadesOfAli

ShadesOfAli Active Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Get the impression Kugan thinks he’s a bit of a heavy with his MTK connections. When he told Tyan Booth to “be safe” it came across as a thinly veiled threat.

But on a serious note though best not talk about the MTK cult their legal eagles are patrolling the net looking for mentions to eliminate on grounds of libel.

DavidJames likes this.
  6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Think tbh like anyone that comes from nothing to become a success....they usually get critism after they,ve got that success. In the beginning his channel was loved....encouraged etc. After its become a massive success...its now rubbish...hes a knob etc. Kugans not really changed all that much if he has its probably because he,s had to...to get where he is. Maybe he did get more arrogant...but i think we,re all pretty much the same....when you reach a certain point you do start to value yourself slighly more...common human nature trait.

Still think ifl,s good. Gets access to most boxers...decent interviews. More like chats but thats always been the basis of ifl. It beats the question after question style of the older guys imo. Theres a reason they started moving away from it...it gets boring quickly. The boxers end up opening up a lot more as well with the open ended chats. Like eddie kugan deserves his success. Both guys work incredibly hard. Deserve praise imo.

7. BoxingDialogue

BoxingDialogue Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2019
    without him there would be no Tyan Booth

8. iestyn999

iestyn999 Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2015
    i am not a fan, they love to ask **** stirring questions to promoters so they can get clicks. One thing i like about youtube is showing the mtk fights

9. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Rob Tebbutt is one of the most smug, pseudo-intellectual "journalists" in boxing. He is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. However, Andi Purewal seems decent enough and has a much better manner about him.

DirtyOldTown likes this.
  10. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    My favourite thing about IFL videos is the adverts and the audio. You get a 2min video with 30 seconds of ads at the start and end, both of which are louder than the fighter being interviewed. Audio is always poor, especially at pressers.

Kugan does get some good interviews, which make for good content but **** me, it's 2020, get a better microphone and ditch all the adverts. Annoying having to skip the start of every video.
    Behind the Gloves and Seconds Out seem to manage it fine.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  11. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I use to watch it till about two years ago then it became a bit too Matchroom PR for me and almost a vibe of cheeky nandos, lads, lads lads, gear, gear, gear type

BEATDOWNZ likes this.
  12. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Tebbutt is a dullard. He's the equivalent of the internet football nerds who drone on and on about tactics, registas and inverted wingers. Kugan is basically just a fan who got lucky and that's why people relate to him.

Safin likes this.
  13. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I really don't get the need for Kugan's "POUTING..........and POUTING..."

14. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    I agree and disagree with things said on here. The audio sometimes is horrendous, especially at press conferences when you compare the same footage to other boxing channels. Kugan is very matey with some big figures in boxing like Hearn, Whyte, and he asks them difficult questions because he feels comfortable to. He’s obviously not matey with Warren so he gets the same treatment as other channels, which is that you can’t ask certain questions. That’s fair enough, he still wants to interview Warren as he’s one of the leading boxing promoters and won’t wanna **** him off.

All in all I think you get some good interviews, the ads are a bit of a pisstake sometimes but there you go.

15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    There are a fair few people who do not talk to him in boxing, I don't think Joshua entertains him or Peter Fury. I don't watch the channel now so can anyone confirm this?