Your opinion on IFL and KOOGS

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by FuryFTW, Jun 3, 2020.

1. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Joshua definitely doesn’t like him, probably because he seems close to Fury and Whyte. Never noticed Peter having an issue with him?

pow likes this.
  2. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Don't think Peter Fury does, I think Fury is just very straight-talking get to the point, I don't want to sit here for 20 minutes and talk, what do you want to know etc then i can go

FuryFTW likes this.
  3. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I get some of the criticism but theres always a case of loads of criticism when someone does well. Id rather have it than not, I like some other channels from the same genre better, but its good to have as many different outlets for boxing as possible. I still get the Boxing News delivered every week, its a great serious read, loads of great features on old fighters, incidents, stuff on the amateurs etc, also like some of the more serious youtube channels (imo), like boxing social or some of the more niche interviews with BBTV, its good to have a variety.

Like it or not though Kugan changed the game and has become part of it now, its probably seen as a bit of coup now by up and coming fighters to get an interview on the channel rather than the other way round

Deew likes this.
  4. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    This content is protected

This was the exchange I was thinking about, put Kugan well in his place.

5. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    They've done a million interviews since then.

6. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I like Kugan and I think IFL has been a great addition to the boxing scene over the last few years now - they've provided some brilliant content that we otherwise wouldn't have had access too.

Also not quite sure where this "arrogant, he marches round shows thinking he's a big shot" comes from, perhaps a few people a little green eyed from his success. I've seen him at plenty of shows and that's far from the case.

moog likes this.
  7. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson “U should have been banned for life”-some fangirl banned Full Member

Mar 25, 2020
    I just wanna see koogz cave prince patel’s head in:bash:

Deew likes this.
  8. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Peter since he's been on the 'match room cool aid' not seen Joshua though.

9. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I feel the same way too.

There’s no quality journalism there, just a fan with his camera and some great access.

You could get so much out of a guy like Adam Booth (like Tris Dixon has), but with ‘Koogs’ it’s banter and no substance.

FightHype, Seconds Out etc are more up my street.

DavidJames likes this.
  10. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    All the "be safe bruv" stuff really put me off him too but like you say :nonono cant say anything against MTK or the thread will vanish:ciao:

ShadesOfAli and FuryFTW like this.
  11. high tower

high tower Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Who the hell wants to listen to Joshua’s boring scripted interviews.

12. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    AJ gave Kugan an exclusive before Ruiz 2 fight. Asked Kugan if he wanted to him to win etc, literally in car park morning of the fight.

if anything I thought them 2 were quite pally.

Kugan gets some stick, but to his credit, for however long he’s done this, he always seems to stay neutral. Probably keeps his mouth shut on certain things, hence he gets decent exclusive interviews etc.

I’d like to know, how much he actually knows before it’s released etc. About fights that are made that aren’t public.

pow likes this.
  13. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    IFL doesnt really do journalism or ask tough questions, because they need to be friendly with the boxers and promoters to get and maintain access.

So it really is only interesting when doing pre and post fight related interviews. As well as when it does general life catch up style interviews, like the one he did recently with Dyllian Whyte in his car which was hilarious to watch

14. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Remember to stay humble. Did I just say stay humble. LOL.

15. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I think Joshua is a very strange bloke though and that's not on Kugan, when not scripted he comes across as a bit off the wall and unpredictable in what he will say. Whereas you watch someone like Whyte he is pretty relaxed all the time and happy to talk