your records

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by LJB, Nov 10, 2009.

1. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Decent. Better then his record. Hard to nail cleanly... this is the fight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dDWXALv4y8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OisoWw0g6O0[/ame]

2. kosaros

kosaros Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 21, 2008
    I didn't know you were planning on returning. Good luck :thumbsup

3. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006

All been well I will mate... Thanks./

4. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    good luck geoff,you looked good in that fight versus buckley.he a scouser ??

5. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    JT, keep us posted. We'll come and watch.

6. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    Thanks mate, he's a brummie :good

7. turpinr

Feb 6, 2009
    :goodyour welcome.you are a league above the majority of us on here in that you turned pro and did well.
    it was a step too far for me and i knew it:?

8. Anglosaxon

Anglosaxon FASTEST HANDS ON ESB Full Member

Jul 21, 2008
  9. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Get out of here Anglo, first and final warning. If you start your crap here I will instantly ban you.

10. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    That was nothing compared to what I could do, I just did what came naturally. Since i've become a personal trainer and a boxing coach I've learned so much. More then I was ever shown. If I can get my fitness back and get to a good weight then I'll have a good second career I think. As for been better- I think that I was very, very capable but when your getting beat by guys like Baz Carey there's something wrong. There isn't a punch i can't throw but something is missing. Hopefully i've nailed it.

Don't write yourself off... anyone who steps through those ropes gets respect in my book. How did you go on?

11. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Theres a guy at my gym hes 13 or so and been boxing since he was about 7 or 8. He is very very good honestly one of the best boxers i have ever seen. He is the opposite of what you say hes been in the ring as long as he can remember and he is so compsed and calm.

Jeff good luck in your comeback, just hope you really think you can do it and your not just missing it. From what i seen of you you was a good wee boxer.

also if you get a date for a show and all that i might come and watch if i can manage

12. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    My age stipulation is general. At least they can call themselves teenagers where I think you have a slightly better understanding of the world and hopefully in puberty.

There is always an exception to the rule but I've seen too many kids wailing away at each other, getting bloody and then crying. There is no rush.

Let them spar, let them learn, let them enjoy the game and then when they are a teenager, let them fight.

Just one mans opinion.

13. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    fair enough. He fought an other kid who was similar to himself been boxing from a young age and the guy started crying in the corner after getting beat in the 1st and 2nd but came out fighting like nothing had happened in the 3rd but lost soundly then the week later came back and beat the guy from our gym so they both grew up heaps in one week

14. Zaryu

Zaryu Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I never fought amateur, but I feel some sort of redemption with some of my ex-gymmates that I used to spar with because as far as I know (it's been a long time since I don't talk to them) some of them really have excellent records.

15. turpinr

Feb 6, 2009
    :lol:i'm sorry to report that i have indeed given up.at 51 the chances of me getting back in the ring are nil.
    i always believed that i'd got as far as i was going to go but i don't know now.after i'd jacked in i went sparring with my mate one night,who'd turned pro and he'd come on a lot.the thing i noticed most was his footwork.
    our amateur club was small and the ring was small too,so you didn't need any footwork !!:?