Your Thoughts On My Routine

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by SP_Mauler, Oct 1, 2012.

1. SP_Mauler

SP_Mauler Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Hi all, Just wanting to get your opinion on my fitness routine. I do it Sunday to Friday.

All Home Gym.

4AM Walk 30mins, Jog 30mins, Skip 5min.

4PM Weights 1HR (Low weights I do 1min on then 1min rest;Barbell front raise,Shrugs,Overhead press,Hand weigh arm extensions,Shrugs again,The excerise where you get a weight plate and swing it like a hammer side to side whats it called) ?

Rest

6PM Heavy Bag,Speed ball,Shadow box(All 5 Rounds,2minutes with 1minute rest)

Dinner,Bed.

Diet
    Morning =Cereal / Fruit Juice / 2 Boiled Eggs
    Lunch =Normally Tuna,Chicken with Salad
    Dinner =Meat,Fish with Vegetables
    Drink 600ML while doing boxing and about 4 or 5 cups of teas(with sugar) a day.

Thoughts and Input appreciated. Thanks

2. NVSemin

NVSemin Sugar Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2012
    I love it, especially dinner part!
    keep it up!

3. death

death Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2008
    your dietary me ravenous just looking at it! what are you like 50 pounds?

4. SP_Mauler

Aug 31, 2012
    Sweet.

Lunch is Tuna or Chicken sandwhich with salad on it. Sorry.

Dinner is Fish or Meat. Sometimes Pasta

50pounds?? Nahhh just trying to lose weight and train up before christmas.

5. danhardinges304

danhardinges304 Member Full Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Sounds like your on the road my friend i would just mix it all up abit. As the same routines will only either get boring or won't push you to your limits. Try mixing up your 4am runs like jog so long for however long 1 day. And then the next following days mix it up abit. If your near a beach go on the sand/stones hill runs sprints 100m jog 50m then sprint again and try jogging as less on the pavement as you can as its not good for the legs so go on a nice soft surface like grass. Aswell try if you can mixing it up from week to week like eg days 1 week then nights the next then morning etc. I would throw swimming in aswell twice a week. The weights seem fine just don't over do it if you want to lose weight depending how much you want to lose throw in cardio workouts 3 days 1 week then 4 days the next. Boxing training if your training to just stay fit then this is fine but if your looking to box or preparing to may I just say practice practice practice because it doesn't matter how many miles you can run or how much you can lift if your not preparing the basics daily it's slowing your process down. it is as simply throwing the jab out in a mirror making sure your shoulder don't move too much same with with the right working on the bag combos over & over intill your sick to death with it like 1-2 left hook right hand hooks both sides of the bag/body and practice footwork on the bag in the mirror aswell as defence. keep it up how much weight you wanting to lose I wish you all the best

6. pecho26

pecho26 ESB Lurker Full Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Pretty monotonous,no sprints,interval running,why low weights?
    If ur doing just for the recreation and health its very good,pretty tight schedule.I would go nuts doing it all the time,myself i mix it up with sprints,swimming,maximal strentgh,plyos..etc etc.

7. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    You need something more intense for boxing.

This will get you nowhere. What is it meant to achieve?

Do you box at a gym or just have some of the equipment at home?

Unless you're a 12 year old girl you don't eat anywhere near enough. Basically starving yourself is not the way to lose weight.

8. SP_Mauler

Aug 31, 2012
    1. I'm gradually jogging more and walking less
    2. Endurance
    3. Home gym
    4. What do you suggest? I was told to replace my breakfast with a protein shake but they don't do anything in regards too feeling full. After a while the mental side kicks in and I feel like crap when I eat something as little as footlong sub for lunch so I stick with what I'm happy with.

9. StillWill

StillWill Dr. Eisenfaust Full Member

Jul 12, 2010
    30 minute roadwork is pretty standard for boxing, amateur anyways

10. 123ko

123ko Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    4am ,,,,good look with that,,,don't see the point myself :zzz