Your Top Ten All Time MIddleweight Big Punchers?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Rainer, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Rainer

Rainer Active Member Full Member

May 2, 2019
    Originally it was ten I know it's my thread and I also know what criteria it follows for the same reason! Nobody on the planet ,apart from you, would list Abraham as a top ten all time middleweight puncher.
    Miranda went the distance with Abraham at middleweight ,which is the division we are concerned with on this thread.
    Eastman was 35 when Miranda beat him.You talk about rudeness yet your every reply to those who disagree with you has insults in it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    lloydturnip likes this.
  2. Rainer

May 2, 2019
    Eastman had his first pro fight at the age of 23.He had 9 pro fights before he was 26.
    Just another correction you won't acknowledge!
    Now I really can't devote any more time to you ,single braincell . Bye !

3. ray fritz

ray fritz Active Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Ketchal,Papke,Kreiger,Hostak,Lamotta,Grziano'Robby,Haglr,Mugabi

4. Rainer

May 2, 2019
    Solid list,apart fromJake.imo

5. Clinton

Clinton Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Wasn't a great fighter, but John LoCicero was an exceptional puncher.

6. richdanahuff

richdanahuff Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2013
    I see your point on Burley but Burley was highly skilled fighter with multiple ways hurt and stop fighters that did not just involve raw power but maneuver and strategy.....Rocky was a one trick pony with raw unbridled power and no tricks or skills to mention

Rainer likes this.
  7. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007

Your number 10 is a secret ?

8. Rainer

May 2, 2019
    I'll look him up .

Clinton likes this.
  9. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Just watched his fight with Caveman Lee based on your recomendation...what a great war!!

The man was crude but could whack with that right.

Clinton likes this.
  10. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Eduardo Lausse is quite high IMO, if he hasn't been mentioned already. Fulmer was scared of his power.

11. Arminius1

Arminius1 Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Fitzsimmons is likely the hardest puncher at heavyweight. So he would be the hardest puncher if you consider him at middle. Otherwise Stanley Ketchel has to be. In fact, he relied on his power only until his trainer convinced him that he needed to learn how to box by Boxing Ketchel. It took him two fights to convince Stanley. You will see on Ketchel's record two decision losses are to Maurice Thompson. Thompson was Stanley's trainer.

Jel likes this.
  12. Rspen46

Rspen46 Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2013
    This content is protected

Sugar Ray Robinson
    Gerald McClellan
    Nigel Benn
    Gennady Golovkin
    Sam Langford
    6 guys basically so close it would be hard to choose.

Marvin Hagler
    Kelly Pavlik
    Thomas Hearns
    Rocky Graziano
    Jorge Castr

13. Vockerman

Vockerman LightJunior SuperFlyweigt Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Julian Jackson
    Stanley Ketchel
    Bob Fitzsimmons
    Sam Langford
    Rubin Carter
    Gerald McClellan
    Mickey Walker
    Rocky Graziano
    Rubin Carter
    Bennie Briscoe

14. OP_TheJawBreaker

OP_TheJawBreaker NOBODY hit like that guy! Full Member

Jun 23, 2021
    Merqui Sosa was an exceptional puncher. He was like a George Foreman in that weight, if your style is crude, then you'll just get knocked out. Frazier, Morgan and Williams are extremely resilient fighters who had a brawl with him and it didn't end well for them.

Juan Roldan also could pack a very good punch. I think Nunn and Hearns quote him the hardest puncher he's ever fought.

15. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    What ? Sosa like Foreman?You on drugs? Foreman stopped great fighters and he did it early . Sosa stopped no one of note with one shot. He hit frazier with more than 300 punches and couldnt even drop him while Foreman dropped the real Frazier with almost every punch he landed. Williams took everything Sosa had and was stopped due to conditioning not to mention that all of those fights werent at MW.

Comparing a guy whose best stoppage win was against Lenzie Morgan (who?exactly) or a way past it Williams with one of the biggest punchers of all time and one of the most feared fighters ever a guy who actually stopped great fighters and fighters known for their durability guys like Joe Frazier,Ken Norton, Ron Lyle etc is a general forum level type of post.

This is up there with the clown in the GF claiming that a fight between Leonard and Spence would be a 50/50 fight.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    Flash24 likes this.