Your upset picks in fantasy matchups

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Devon, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    - Winky Wright schools gennady Golovkin and wins by wide UD

- Roberto Duran batters Canelo Alvarez at 154 lbs so badly that judges are forced to score the fight as a draw

- Sam Langford knocks out Oleg Maskaev in the first round

- Marion Wilson takes all the punches from John L Sullivan and eventually knocks him out in the 26th round

- Wladimir Klitschko fights much more catiously if the rematch with Corrie Sanders happens in 2003, but still gets stopped in the fourth round

- Tim Witherspoon knocks Lennox Lewis out with a single overhand right to his chin

2. JackSilver

JackSilver Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Julian Jackson KOs Sugar Ray Leonard at middleweight.

Devon and InMemoryofJakeLamotta like this.
  3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft 'Snarky Little Gobshite' - IntentionalButt Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Michael Spinks beats Vitali on points. He also beats Johnson, Jeffries, Baer, Schmeling, Sharkey and basically every other pre-Louis heavyweight except Dempsey. Which is a 50/50.

Fury beats Liston, Foreman and prime Wlad.

Prime, '49 Ezzard Charles beats Rocky Marciano.

Rodrigo Valdez beats GGG, Canelo, Walker, Tiger, Fullmer, Zale, Ketchel &c.

Nunn beats most of the above^, aka: all but Walker.

Laguna beats Sanchez at FW and Chavez at LW. He also beats Williams, Gans, Arguello, Welsh and Canzoneri. He's one of the best LW ever when it comes to H2H.

4. Blaxx

Blaxx Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    How do you see the Fury-Foreman one going? How does Fury pull it off?

5. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I confidently agree with the first two and I can see where you’re coming from with the last one because Hatton was actually bigger than Hearns in size, when he fought collazo Hatton came in like 159lbs or something, and Hatton style is the type to give Hearns trouble, rough and getting on the inside and pushing people then getting punches off and he had fast feet at closing the distance, it’s everything that would trouble Hearns, he’d give him an uncomfortable night at the least

InMemoryofJakeLamotta likes this.
  6. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    I see going like a bit like the Ali fight TBH. Foreman starts strong, perhaps drops Fury due to his chin not being Ali-esque, but Fury pretty much gets up and survives the early rounds before going on offense like he did in the rematch with Wilder.

It comes down to the assumption that he can take Foreman's power. I don't think there's a tremendous difference between Foreman and Wilder's power.

Blaxx and Devon like this.
  7. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Bronsonville Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Kuniaki Shibata beats Lomachenko at 126 or 130.

I also pick Salvador Sanchez over Armstrong and Saddler. I also think Kid Chocolate could beat Saddler, as I picked in the Tourney a while back.

Devon and George Crowcroft like this.
  8. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Tell how.

9. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    sorry my pal, but I agree with none of this except Walker over Nunn. 2 different worlds we are from indeed. Btw 39 yrs ago today Braxton W10 Scott.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  10. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I envision Thomas Hearns (circa) 1984 sharpshooting Carlos Monzon (1973) into submission. Based on styles mainly. Carlos chin was sturdy but not 'Hagler like. I don't know that if Monzon has to make a decision to go in. Could he do it? Hearns forced everyone to make a decision at some point.
    The speed gap here would be too large. Hearns TKO 9th.

Like Training Day when Denzel says right? or left nut? Make a decision

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    InMemoryofJakeLamotta and TipNom like this.
  11. Blaxx

Blaxx Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Canelo goes 2-2 or 3-1 against the Fab 4 at 160

Devon likes this.
  12. Blaxx

Blaxx Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Fair assumption.
    I think Foreman was more accurate and had more punches to hurt someone with, also stronger than Wilder and much better cutting off the ring.
    I think they are around equal in terms of power as you say, Wilder is also faster/more athletic and has better cardio IMO

TipNom and George Crowcroft like this.
  13. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Marciano beats Ali
    Hopkins beats Hagler/Monzon
    Napoles beats SRL
    Saldivar beats Sanchez (not sure if that is unpopular or 50/50)

14. AwardedSteak863

AwardedSteak863 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2018
    McCallum Ko's Hearns at 154. McCallum did not get hit with many straight right hands and his body work would break Hearns down. Hearns wore down against Leonard at 147 and he would certainly fall apart against McCallum who nobody ever ran over.

Quartey jabs Tito's head off at to a UD at 147 just like Winky did at 160. Tito liked to set his feet and throw that hook. Quartey doesn't let him with a consistantly painfully hard left Jab.

Joey Giardello by UD over Lamotta, Graziano, Zale and Cerdan. The guy is criminally underated. His versatility and movement is the key.

BHOP by UD over Hagler at 160 in an ugly fight.

Aaron Pryor over Ray Leonard at 147 by UD. Prime Pryor would have put it on Ray back in the day. Think Duran in Montreal times ten.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Boxingfan2 and George Crowcroft like this.
  15. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    These are positively tame for you Philly! Hit us with some real ones!

PhillyPhan69 likes this.