Yuniel Dorticós vs. Andrew Tabiti

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Max Thunder, Jun 6, 2019.

Who takes it?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2019.
  1. Dorticós by KO

39.5%
  2. Dorticós by Decision

16.3%
  3. Draw

2.3%
  4. Tabiti by KO

20.9%
  5. Tabiti by decision

20.9%
  1. JMotrain

JMotrain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 30, 2005
    I got cash on Dorticos by KO at +250.

Tabiti to me looks like a competent boxer but he is way smaller than Dorticos. I'm not sure what Tabiti's gameplan is but I don't think he's going to be able to KO Dorticos. Dorticos went 12 with Gassiev and almost made it to the final bell, I doubt Tabiti has anywhere near the level of Gassiev power. Hell, Arreola said that Gassiev is the hardest puncher he has faced. Now If Tabiti gets on his bike, will he be able to do it for 12 rounds? I don't think so. And Dorticos does have real power with an aggressive style. Tabiti has never been near this level of opponent and I think he's getting stopped somewhere along the way.

Russell and CST80 like this.
  2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Bingo, thanks! :thumbsup: Guess I'm still of sound mind...for now.

Boxingfan2 likes this.
  3. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    He'll likely fight off the back foot, trying to draw Dorticos in then counter him with sharp, unexpected shots. Those types of punches can have more of an effect than big, but expected, shots (not that Gassiev was particularly telegraphed with his punches, but I think Dorticos was more braced for them due to Gassiev's rep as a hitter). Tabiti is quite explosive, and can bang when he wants to, and if Dorticos doesn't respect his power or just tries to wade in with his sloppy, high workrate style, then it's possible Tabiti could hurt him or drop him, and that will massively alter the dynamic.

It's a very competitive fight though, and neither fighter should be outright favoured to win.

4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Dorticos wins via a heart pounding knock out.

Tabiti is an over inflated bum

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Dorticos wins. Is Floyd gonna be in da house?

6. JMotrain

Sep 30, 2005
    It's possible but Tabiti has to do it for 12 rounds.

7. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Tabiti looked so average against Feyfer, I got KO doctor in late rounds stoppage.

CST80 likes this.
  8. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    No he isn't. He's a decent fighter whose ceiling has yet to be determined. His true level will be better known after the fight.

9. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    If he sets the tone early then I can see him coasting to a fairly one sided UD. Dorticos seems a bit one dimensional to me, and I don't know how well he'll be able to turn the tide if Tabiti establishes an early lead.

10. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Fayfer was extremely awkward though. I've a feeling he would've made anyone in the tournament look bad.

11. JMotrain

Sep 30, 2005
    I don't agree that Dorticos is one dimensional. You can say that because he lost to Gassiev but that was still a competitive fight. There is nothing to suggest Tabiti is anywhere near the level of Gassiev, but maybe he'll prove me wrong.

12. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Excellent performance from Dorticos against a very negative and scared Tabiti. We now know a lot more about how Tabiti stacks up against the best in the division, and he's a level or two below.

JMotrain likes this.
  13. JMotrain

Sep 30, 2005
    I actually thought it was going to a decision after the ninth round. Dorticos disguised that right hand very well, Tabiti never saw it coming and was out cold.

14. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    This post aged well

15. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    Lol