Yunieski González vs. Thomas Karpency

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Sep 13, 2021.

El Tosco (Rudeboy) aka El Monstruo (The Monster) or Kryptonite?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2021.
  1. González on points

50.0%
  2. González by stoppage

50.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Karpency on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Karpency by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Co-main event of the boxing portion of tomorrow's mixed entertainment show on Fite.tv, entiteld "TrillerVerz II" and headlined by Pablo César "El Demoledor" Cano García vs. Ryan "Salmo 52:7" Pino followed by a rap battle of 90's radio stalwarts Fat Joe and Ja Rule (with mutual collaborator Ashanti on hand to pull very awkward double-duty featuring on songs for both).

Interestingly, this is a 1 star bout on BoxRec and therefore ostensibly inferior to Michael Angelo "The West Texas Warrior" Dutchover vs. Nahir Caleb "Woo!" Albright and Miguel Ángel "Explosivo" Madueño Angulo vs. Sonny Leonard "Pretty Boi" Fredrickson (both of which get 2 stars) - but, in this case I can give Triller's booking of the running order the IB stamp of approval™. The only competitors on the whole card that currently hold world title rankings are Cano (at 140lbs, he's rated #7 by the WBC) and González (he's #5 at light heavy per the WBA) and Karpency has challenged for world titles before, albeit not recently...but still twice more than González himself.

Honestly, in my opinion this one not only deserves its status above the aforementioned two but probably ought to main event over all three super lightweight contests. "El Demoledor" was originally set to face Danielito Zorrilla, but the 15-0 boricua prospect nicknamed "El Zorro" was replaced just this past week by his countryman Pino, a journeyman that was dropped and widely outpointed by Zorrilla three years ago (when both were still prospects, kind of; Pino was 8-3 heading into that one, and on an 0-3-2 slump ever since).

The whole card ought to be fun, but this clash of mid thirty-somethings hungry to keep themselves afloat en route to maybe one more big payday and championship opportunity could be the standout in terms of competitiveness and potential excitement.

Aint no stoppin and Surrix like this.
  2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Common opponent: Oleksandr Gvozdyk. Both were stopped by him in NABF light heavyweight title defenses just nine months apart. Gvozdyk stopped Karpency in the 6th and González three rounds faster (and had to get off the canvas to stop Karpency).

Aint no stoppin and Surrix like this.
  3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Yeah but Gvozdyk while stylistic was boxer, had really heavy hands. Only Bet had balls to fight vs him ( from really high level fights ). Too more gradual damage than just 1 single punch power usage and he was huge power for LHW lad.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ...didn't González stand up to a ton of punishment before crumbling?

5. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    yp. He is tough and I more inclined that Gonzalez will win this next fight, most likely.
    Gvozdyk for me looked more like Subriel Matias, actually Bet too for me looks like the same: to get damage accumulated and then go for stoppage. Like this.

Some boxers if they does have power, attempts to finish quickly, some from them likes to do gradual damage.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Also, it apparently is still Cano vs. Zorrilla in the main event (Danielito was never out, somebody at Triller just messed up and spread a rumor that he was replaced with Ryan Pino; a relief as that would have been a major downgrade and joke of an installment in the Mexico vs. Puerto Rico rivalry), so this is at best the second most interesting bout on the card.

Surrix likes this.
  7. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Karpency has an interesting approach to boxing. His career seems like a DIY project out of a garage in the Appalachians. He never has enough to beat the elite, but he always has something for them to think about. Good for him getting that win over Dawson.

IntentionalButt likes this.