Zabit Magomed-Sharipov?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Aleks!, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Aleks!

Aleks! Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Here is your chance to go on record, NOW! Future star or not?

little Z seems to have all the tools and he has the same creepy ass manager that Khabib has and that weirdo gets his clients positioned for title shots. Looking forward to the upcoming title fight at 145 to see how much of a gap Zabit still has before he can compete at the divisions top tier.

Here is everyone's chance to get aboard the Little Z express or predict it's derailment.

2. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    The guy is sensational. Seems to have it all. Outstanding striking and ground game plus he is huge and very tall/long for 145. Can't wait to see him fight the top 5 of the division. I'm a fan.

3. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    He looks really good so far, but I think the hype, particularly from Joe Rogan on his podcast, is in danger of getting out of control.

It does seem like Zabit doesn't have a ton of power on his strikes. I'm sure he hits hard, but he really doesn't rock guys like some other 145 lbs. fighters.

Despite that, there's a lot of cause for excitement here. He takes a ton of exciting risks with his striking, and his grappling is aggressive too. I hope the UFC gives him time to grow into his contendership. A fight with Yair makes sense, followed maybe by a bout with Lamas or the winner of Moicano-Mendes.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Potential to be top 5 at least,I can't blame Yair for try to avoid fighting him as he is a beast and terrible match up for him.
    Hopefully Zabit gets matched with a ranked fighter next as his opponents since his most impressive win over Sheymon Moraes have got worse.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  5. Aleks!

Mar 21, 2018
    Zabit fighting Jeremy Stephens in March, poor Jeremy!

Oneirokritis likes this.
  6. Aleks!

Mar 21, 2018
    After seeing Volkanovsky beat Mendes last Saturday, I am confident Zabit beats him up. Zabit is way too technical and will not wilt from some pressure. Really hope he gets a top opponent by years end.because this division is wide open when Holloway moves up.