Zack Parker - Who Next?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by EJC83, May 13, 2021.

1. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I was just looking at the WBO rankings and there are names he could go in with that are beatable in Jacobs and Lemieux. Jacobs looks old and done now and a potential sitting duck although Lemieux could be a banana skin at 168 as he's not having to drain himself like he did for Saunders nearly 4 years ago. I feel a win against either one of those would boost his profile significantly and it's arguably the best opportunity he has right now to catapult himself into the limelight and stake a serious claim for a shot.

Parker seems like the high ranked British fighter that nobody talks about. Granted it's with the WBO, he hasn't really fought anyone yet including any of the higher ranked British 168ers. That said the fact that he could be the next Brit sent to the almost inevitable slaughterhouse that is a ring with Alvarez should get people talking about him.

Thoughts on the route he should go down for the forseeable future?

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I just can’t get excited about him mate. I think he's got decent skills but doesn't really possess enough power to deter a world level opponent. Would love to be proved wrong.

Furey, BoxingABC1, Accurate and 4 others like this.
  3. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't think he's ready to fight somebody like Danny Jacobs yet, that's a huge jump up in levels from the opponents he's fought so far. I'd like to see him in against some more domestic opposition first. Maybe Rocky Fielding or Lennox Clarke? Or Lerrone Richards if he wins on Saturday.

4. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Those domestic options would be a good shout. After seeing Jacobs arguably lose to Rosado I just think that this might be the perfect time to get him and get a name on the record.

5. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    He’s mandatory for the WBO. He’s not fighting anyone with a pulse until he fights for the belt once Canelo vacates it. Even then Frank ain’t got the money to bring people like Jacob’s over. Guy earns millions every fight with Eddie.

on top of that Parker is not near world level

6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    “Beatable like Jacobs”

we are talking about Zach Parker right?

Furey, Accurate and Smudge_ like this.
  7. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Don’t rate Zach Parker and felt really sorry for Daryl Williams who has pretty much retired after that awful robbery in their fight. When he was coming up I thought he was going to be brilliant - particularly impressive when he battered Luke Blackledge. However he seems to have stalled a bit and needs a decent level fight. Rocky Fielding would be a brilliant one.

Scissors likes this.
  8. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    I know, I know, Rosado beat Jacobs though and got robbed, Jacobs is heavily on the slide.

9. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I saw something on here claiming his coaches say he hits like a heavyweight???!? 14 from 20 stoppages doesn't sound bad but I can't imagine its leaving people thinking he's the next GGG.

I've not see anything of him so he needs to get on some cards where his profile gets raised and then get in with some live bodies.

Twentyman likes this.
  10. TooBigTooStrong

TooBigTooStrong Member banned Full Member

May 10, 2021
    Parker = the new Jamie Cox

Journey Man likes this.
  11. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Agree. He is a British level fighter with a world ranking. I think Lemiuax and Jacobs would both beat him. Him v Ryder or Fielding would be good match ups. Though I would make both favourites against him tbh.

Scissors and Twentyman like this.
  12. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Good comparison

13. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    The same Zach Parker that lost to Daryl Williams?

Scissors likes this.
  14. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Although I think he lost to Daryl Williams and Williams was robbed, Parker did fight with basically one arm for 2/3rds of the fight and probably was his first taste of adversity. So got to give him credit for being in a fight with one arm.

His progression has stalled though which is worrying, needs the right fights now at the right time to progress.

15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Agreed bud. His opponents collective records is 260-291-21 though so his ko ratio looks more flattering than it really is.