Zelfa Barret leaving Frank Warren?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Sniper4, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Matt Petley

Matt Petley Active Member Full Member

May 19, 2017
    whats WAM promotions? i hadn't heard of that before

2. billo_billy

billo_billy Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2015
    what a load of rubbish! Everyone knows its pat barrett that's been holding Zelfa back not frank, due to zelfas lack of amateur experience. also frank only has a contract to give him a few fights year, most of zelfas fights have been on either black flash or VIP shows.

3. Sniper4

Sniper4 New Member Full Member

May 14, 2017
    its on their companies house and also was on the ring and on them little boards in the ring. Andy Ayling many driver behind it

4. J0E_90

J0E_90 Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Barrett has actually stepped up his level of opposition recently with in Castillo, Jameson, and especially Osejo.

They're very game lads who come to fight and well capable of upsets.

Obviously considering that they came in his 14th, 16th, and 17th fights shows he's being brought along slowly, but that's more due to Pat than Frank I believe.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Y
    Yes Pat is in control of guiding his nephew and quite rightly so. Pat knows the game well and if he thinks its wise to do a few more learning fights than the standard, then thats what it is. other fighters who have family relatives close to the game do/ did domething similar. Off the topbof my head i can think of Chris Aston and his son Tyrone Nurse.
    As youve pointed out, the level of opponent is getting better now and his last fight did answer a lot of questions uncle Pat needed answering.
    I dont think it will be that long before we see him in a title fight

J0E_90 likes this.
  6. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

The eliminator with Clark will b a good indication of where his at and where he cud go. Hope that fight gets made soon. Date to b set on the board notices.

7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Is it possible to edit the thread title to something more appropriate...it's very annoying as Barrett is not leaving FW

8. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Tota
    Totaly agree...i expect him to come through Clark but cam see it been a real good fight. Clark will be coming to win and will famcy it. I do think Clark let mj ward into his head somewhat before their fight and this impacted his performamce somewhat. I dont think that would happen vs Zelfa.

9. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016

Yeah Clark as put some solid performances but just fell short at domestic level. If Barrett blows him away it wud b a massive statement. But also 10 tough rounds with a game fighter wud do him so much better.

10. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Just been speaking to one of the lads in the gym tonight. He said that if bowens opp pulls out theyll.make him mand for british. Im not sure who his opp is right now as everyonr seems to be knocking it back.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  11. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016

Southern area champ Craig poxon. Yeah saw a few comments made by Carl greaves saying that. I know how they feel my cuz had a similar problem a few years back.

12. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Yes i remember that.
    It must be gutting tho when fighters keep pulling out on you

13. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016

Yeah it held my cuz back 2 years with the process of purse bids agreements and waiting for board meetings. Hopefully poxon takes the fight with Bowen

14. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Fk me, that was bad.