Zolani Tete to sign promotional contract with FW

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by snake-hips, Oct 10, 2015.

1. snake-hips

snake-hips Active Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Bit odd.
    Looked impressive in destroying Butler.
    Wonder if there's a chance of a rematch, do you think Butler would go for it?

2. Team Burnett

Team Burnett Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Lol ****** going international cause his business is going down the drain
    last chance saloon

first some Indian bum now this African what next lol...

3. saturday_kid

saturday_kid Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2008
    "Indian bum" who has a very impressive amateur pedigree.

Also with a good percentage of indians/or of indian descent living in the UK, anmd the fact he's big news over there too like celebrity status I'd say signing him up could end up a very decent business move.

"This African" who probably produced 1 of the best world title winning performances on these shores in the last few years.

Your tone is very disrespectful. How many commonwealth games medals have you won? How many times have you been to the olympics? How many world titles have you won?

Thought not

4. Team Burnett

Team Burnett Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2015
    LOLOLOL I saw him at the commonwealth games last year and he looked absolutely useless. In case you didnt know.. the commonwealth games is of a shocking poor standard.. it's about 10% better than English ABAs. Singh couldn't even win a commonwealth gold lol and hes the best indian boxer ever! The fact he's celebrity status over there shows you how embrassingly pathetic Indians are at boxing and sport. Welshman Fred Evans is a more successful boxer than him and he's virtually unknown has no fame whatsoever here... that tells you everything

some people you can't say that last paragraph to cause it doesn't apply to them.. you can pm me if you wanna know the reason

5. woombox

woombox Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 29, 2009
    The standard of boxing at the commonwealth games has gotten a lot worse over the years, you are right it's not good. Australia winning gold medals is probably an indicator!

6. boxfanlut

boxfanlut Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Agree, if only american promoters would only sign americans only?

7. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I want to see him again, really enjoyed watching him against Butler.

8. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    i like butler but tetes really destroyed him. and made me a fan

9. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    He had every physical advantage going over all super flys and flys be interesting to see how good he is moving up the weights.

10. snake-hips

snake-hips Active Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Agreed, I was in 2 minds if he was that good or if Butler was that bad on the night.
    Seemed to have no idea how to tackle him.
    If memory serves Butler was heavy favourite as well.

11. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I honestly believe Butler just had an off-night that night and just couldnt get going. There was something wrong with him. People are raving about Tete but Id want to see a bit more of him before I jump on the bandwagon. Yes he was impresive, but....
    Lets not forget also that size matters - it was like a supermiddleweight against a light middle in there, if you pro-rata the sizes.. He has every physical advantage against a sub-par Butler.

12. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    How Tete makes super fly weight is beyond me!

13. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    It cant last. Soon he will have to move up and fight guys his own size. Then we will have a clearer picture of how good he really is.