Zuffa now doing Strikeforce press credentials

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by monaroCountry, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Dave_j1985

Dave_j1985 Active Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    [/quote]

The term MMA is used often throughout UFC broadcasts, so how are they pushing the term ultimate fighting?? The fact that people refer to MMA sometimes as just UFC is generally a sign of a casual fan or someone new to the sport, I don't understand the need to label them "zombies". I think it's quite understandable that the casual and new fans only follow UFC, most of the champions are generally regarded as the best in the world, though the product is usually PPV it's very accessable, and it's easy to follow. Unlike boxing where we have so many weight divisions, sanctioning bodies and so many differant world champions I'm not sure how anyone can be bothered to keep up too date with it. I like boxing alot, but realistically a world title doesn't mean **** in the sport anymore, not in the fans eyes anyway.

2. Primate

Primate Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 16, 2010
    This is pretty much what killed boxing for me. I still pay casual attention to it, I'm far from a dedicated follower. There are dozens of sanctioning bodies handing out championships across something like 17 divisions, often with only a few pounds of difference in between. It's ridiculous.

3. Exactly how many promotions are there handing out their own championship belts? A bit rich to criticize boxing dont you think, especially when the UFC belt gets handed around like STD in high school.

So why arent they called zombies? some brain dead moron walking around sprouting "I like the sport of Ultimate Fighter" instead of MMA deserves that zombie tag. Its like asking someone, what sport do you like and them replying "I like the sport of Baltimore Ravens".

4. Stoo

Stoo Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 4, 2008
    Who does that exactly? Your making **** up again aint you

5. Primate

Primate Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 16, 2010
    I didn't criticize boxing, I criticized the bull**** that has killed boxing.
    Except for the LHW belt in recent years and the HW cluster**** every division has had a stable champion. The LHW title getting passed around is largely due to the fact that the division is stacked so heavily at the top and the champions don't get easy fights.

6. Educate yourself and see how many times the UFC HW belt has been passed around, the other belts havent been relevant coz the matchups and the UFC division is filled by high ranked but garbage fighters (these fighters are only highly ranked because they work for Zuffa)

Who said boxing is dying? Maybe in America but in other parts of the world its growing. Boxing is not a dying sport, those who tell you only concentrate on the American boxing landscape.

7. Will Cooling

Will Cooling Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 2, 2010
    I'm not going to dignify the first point with an answer.

But please tell me where boxing is growing MC. I beg you. Germany perhaps although the success of K2 as independent superstars does raise worrying issues about the extent to which the proceeds of their success is not being reinvested back into the development of the sport. In Britain boxing is bad shape - barely any newspaper coverage, ITV completely withdrawn from the sport, Sky's budget massively cut and events plagued by late withdrawls and squabbles between promoters. In Japan while boxing is in better shape than MMA or Puro its being hit by the same generational move away from combat sports - the ratings the Kameda brothers draw have plummeted.

And you can talk about the sport's popularity in Asia and Mexico all you want but the truth is the fighters who are good enough to makes lots of money come and fight in America. If the Phillipines are this hotbed of boxing to the extent we can ignore the plight of the sport in the West, why is Manny Pacquiao not fighting in his homeland? If Eastern Europe and Russia is filled with all these wonderful heavyweights why do the Klitschkos et al all fight in Germany? If the sport is healthy in the UK why is Haye willing to fight in Germany and Froch and Khan fighting their real fights in America? That's right because the money is in America and Germany!

8. Dave_j1985

Dave_j1985 Active Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Riiiiiiight, I think people who mistakenly call MMA ultimate fighting probably have less issues than someone who gets so upset by someone calling MMA ultimate fighting that he labels them zombies, don't you think that's just a bit ******ed? Seriously dude, if you have such a huge issue with the UFC then just don't watch, because no one gives a **** what you think.

9. Stoo

Apr 4, 2008
    This

10. Stoo

Apr 4, 2008
    Ok then pal ''educate'' me by naming a welterweight who is better than Georges St Pierre? :hi:

You've only been avoiding the question for a few months now, must be hell of a list you are compiling

And lets have a quick peek at the garbage HW's you keep going on about
    [url]
    This content is protected
    [/url]

Yeah I see your point, those ranking have nothing to do with reality

11. greathamza

greathamza Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2011
    wow so your saying that A. Silva who has been on the P4P top 3 for yeas now is garbage? GSP also in top 3 for years. BJ penn is also very good. There is more to the UFC than the HW devision, ever though about it?
    Randy couture had the title for some time but after him they where no good therefore he wanted to fight with Fedor who had dominated for 10 years to see who was the best HW.

12. Stoo

Apr 4, 2008
    That's exactly what he's saying. Your new to the board so I think you may have missed this one, it's a classic

[url]http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266679[/url]

13. Considering Anderson Silva doesnt really have a good record in the other orgs hes fought in and also GSP really hasnt fought anyone in another org. I say that these two arent really relevant.

14. Again as ive said before, thats impossible to answer since GSP doesnt fight in another org or even fight that many non Americans. Its like American Soccer team Colorado Rapids thinking they are the best team in the world simply because they won the MLS trophy. They might be the best team in America just as GSP the best in America but his ducking international fights/fighters really affects his legacy. This is the same with Anderson Silva who now ducks fighting Asian fighters.

15. Stoo

Apr 4, 2008
    So you made it up then?
    Which Asian Middleweights do you think will beat Silva. And obviously your not going to name Okami because he's a garbage UFC fighter