Zuffa targets illegal streaming sites

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by scurlaruntings, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    I think that is why they are going after the live streams in particular, the fact that it is live is it's biggest asset; even people who know they could watch the fight after it has been uploaded might be more inclined to watch a PPV since it is live.

Also, it isn't just the UFC, every organization that has PPV's tries to stop streams, every last one.

2. BoppaZoo

BoppaZoo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Thats it remember Metallica they were going to war about the net and there music.

Funny how i can still download any album of theres i want.:lol:

Is Dana White retarted.

3. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    If you remember, that pretty directly lead to the shutting down of Napster, the biggest file sharing network at the time. It also was a huge part of people launching things such as itunes, and actually paying for music downloads.

What exactly would you do about people giving away your source of income?

4. chimba

chimba Off the Somali Coast Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Before they make a bold move like this, they better hire good analysts. I was Financial Analyst for 10 years before I retired so I used to create various reports/analyses as a tool to make decisions.

Things that they must determine.

1. Who are these people watching fights on streams and how many are they?

2. Out of these people watching streams, how many watch it because they couldnt see it in a bar or didnt have the opportunity to buy the PPV but if given the opportunity (time/economy) would have bought it?

Because my guess is most of the people (liek me) who watches free streams are the same people that shell out for PPVs maybe 3 to 5 times a year or watches it in a bar. They cannot buy all PPVs.

Now if you eliminate the streams, there can be a huge backlash. How many people like me would just say, Fck Zuffa, Ill spend it somewhere else.

5. rekcutnevets

rekcutnevets Black Sash Full Member

May 25, 2007
    Retired Financial Analyst. :lol: That's priceless. If that were your real background, you would not attempt to make that weak argument.

People that watch streams are not spending money. If Zuffa allows this to go on, more people will watch streams instead of buying in. It's not hard to understand. If people that don't pay for you program stop watching you will lose nothing. Zuffa may not be able to stop it, but they would be ****ing stupid to do nothing at all.

This thread stinks of children under a guardian's roof whose allowance won't allow them to purchase mma ppvs.

6. sugarngold

sugarngold RIDDUM Full Member

Jun 10, 2007
    36,000 people on one stream? I want to know which streams they're using because the one's I normally watch start freezing up if there's more than 1500 people watching!

7. chimba

Mar 8, 2007
    We'll im still young but made lots of money so Im semi retired. See where youre wrong, I buy at least 5 PPVs a year and I watch it in a bar 2 or 3 times and sometimes I ask for links. Whats so hard to understand??

Is Zuffa losing money because of these streams??? lol someone just argued with me that PPV buys are the highest its been EVER! They are making the most money EVER in PPVs.

Heres the correlation so that your simple mind would understand. The more free streams there are available, the more revenue from PPV has come in for the UFC. FACT! How do you explain that! I'll tell you how, it is called exposure in combination with not everyone enjoys watching these stupid annoying streams if they had an extra $20 in their pockets.

Zuffa is being greedy here plain and simple.. Think what they're doing. They are doing the most PPVs ever in their history, they dont pay fighters ****, now they want to stop poor quality streams hahahahhaahhaa. I say it all the time and Ill say it again, these boys who inherit money are some of the dumbest Mofos around.

This is why I got well to do. Common ****n sense!

8. chimba

Mar 8, 2007
    Reckuvets is a good poster but hes absolutely clouded on this one. I know what youre talking about because all you need to do is go to J*#t*n fckn TV and with 100 viewers this thing crashes and all you get are spams. :lol:

9. Pacotez

Pacotez ... Full Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I know this stream with 36000 :think

10. Grievesy

Grievesy Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I can fully understand where they're coming from and fair play for trying it. But I don't think they will get far with it. I know I wouldn't give a ****.

They will have a very hard time trying to stop all their stuff from being shared on the internet. If you can't get a stream, you can download a torrent. Hell you don't even have to do that. Videos of every fight on their cards show up the next day without fail.

11. yaca you

yaca you Someone past surprise Full Member

Jun 1, 2010
    look at it like this: Im a movie junkie but dont have a lot of money. I buy a lot of movies cheap -where I can, and download movies too. Now, if I have some extra money in my pocket I will rent a movie, or go out to the theaters.

People who watch the streams generally pay for ppv also, because of the poor quality of many streams and the fact that you dont have friends over to sit around your computer. If you **** these guys off that will both pay and "steal", they may just stop paying like I have.

The ufc is making more money than ever but still want even more. thats greed gentlemen. The big studios cant stop people "stealing" their product, neither can the music industry. Now the ufc wants to throw their hat in the losing game, I wonder how it will turn out?

12. FORMIDABLE

FORMIDABLE Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Maybe if they priced their events reasonably and stopped shoving old and shot former stars down our throats as headliners a good percentage of those watching streams might actually be willing to pay for it. From personal experience I only watch streams of UFC fights I would not buy. If i couldn't watch the stream, i would not watch it at all, and I would not be bothered about missing it.

13. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005

Record companies make money from album sales, bands make very very little from them. Bands mainly make there music from touring. Don't kid yourselfs Metallica was doing the record company's dirty work. Puppets for the man.

14. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Dana white is such an *******. Yeah, spend money to sue people who did'nt have the $49.95 to begin with:lol:. Judgements don't equal money.:deal

15. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2009

Your bottom sentence sums it up:good