Zuffa throws Marlos Coenen and Valentijn Overeem and Jon Olav Einemo aside.

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Flash Jab, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Flash Jab

Flash Jab Boxing Junkie banned

Jul 29, 2010
    [url]http://mmajunkie.com/news/24666/rep-zuffa-axes-golden-glorys-marloes-coenen-valentijn-overeem-john-olav-einemo.mma[/url]

Kind of ****ing sickening to be honest, how they use her and throw her aside. Women's champ last week? Well on your bike, there goes your career. So what, does that mean the loser of Meisha Tate vs. Carano or Kaufman can look forward to the same treatment just because the divisions aren't stacked? That's pretty ****ing disgusting, to be honest. I mean, it wasn't a great fight or anything but a ridiculous release.

And why does Valentijn go? Because he's Overeem's brother? Also pretty disgraceful.

And the last one is a **** release. Einemo's last fight with Dave Herman was pretty ****ing entertaining. I don't think that was a fair release at all.

At first I was all excited about the Zuffa purchase and rolled my eyes at everyone claiming monopoly and **** but they're just burying Strikeforce and putting people out of jobs and it's not ****ing right, man. They'll reap the talent they want and Strikeforce will go under when they could use that as a development place but they'd rather **** it and drop it. They're messing with a ****ing economy here, and it's not right.
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Kaufman"][/ame]

2. MetalMandible

MetalMandible Chinchecker Full Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Valentijn got cut because he's a Glass Jawed Fraud that shouldn't have even been in a big show collecting paychecks for getting ***** slapped in one round in the first place.

Cutting Coenen was pretty shitty though.

3. marsupial

marsupial Monkey Full Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Cutting coenen makes no sense at all. She was champ and fought a good fight.... :think

4. Stoo

Stoo Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 4, 2008
    And she trains at Golden Glory with Alistair, do the math

Right then you guys, own up who thought the Zuffa SF merger was a good thing. C'mon, I know you are out there

5. Stoo

Apr 4, 2008
    What exactly did you expect?

6. Flash Jab

Flash Jab Boxing Junkie banned

Jul 29, 2010
    I just thought they'd be a little ****ing fairer about the whole thing. I thought they'd at least give women's fighting a chance. It kind of makes me sick how they defend these accusations of MMA not being gay and being all passionate about the sport but Dana White and apparently Zuffa as a whole being backward assed about women's MMA. Gina Carano and Cyborg could draw if they gave them the chance, but they kind of need opponents, and to cut a former champion after losing her belt is just sick. It's just all about the UFC and that's fine, but if you're expanding operations, then do so instead of taking the talent from somewhere and cutting the majority and putting people out of jobs. Strikeforce is a platform, and they'd rather not use it because Hurr durr we're ufc **** those guys, **** those women, only men can fight. Here's more boring no charisma wrestlers for you guys, and more Ultimate Fighter.

7. Stoo

Apr 4, 2008
    Coenen trains and fights for Golden Glory, the same as Alistair. All there is too it fella

8. SouthpawSlayer

SouthpawSlayer Im coming for you Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    i would of done the same

9. Will Cooling

Will Cooling Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Bingo. Nothing about women's fighting - these guys are collateral damage in the dispute between Zuffa and Golden Glory. Much like when they threaten to fire all of AKA over image rights.

10. marsupial

marsupial Monkey Full Member

Oct 5, 2010
    I honestly thought it had some good and bad, seems like I was a bit naive there, the bad is overwhelming already.

11. BobDigi5060

BobDigi5060 East Side MMA Full Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Sergei Kharitonov is the only Golden Glory fighter.. Wonder what happens if he wins the tournament?

I'm gonna miss looking at Coenen. Very attractive, but she has some disgusting tattoos.

12. Stoo

Apr 4, 2008
    I guess I understand the Alistair termination, couldnt reach and agreement, so no point carrying on

But this cutting Coenen is just pure spite, she was a former Champ

13. Will Cooling

Aug 2, 2010
    I think the merger could be a good thing and still do - the key thing is whether the UFC can develop a relationship to keep MMA on showtime. If they do then the same spots are open to fighters and as the shows become more successful those fighters get better paid.

Strikeforce was a mess of an organisation and the issues that are coming up now are the result of idiocy being subjected to logic.

Why did Overeem only have two fights on his contract when the tournament was for three matches?

Why were the fighters verbal assurances that they wouldn't fight for external organisations until they were out of the tournament not put into the contracts a la the Super Six?

Why was Barnett brought into a tournament for an organisation who's home state he can't get licensed in?

Why were the tournament brackets designed in the most idiotic way (the smallest fighter against the largest in Fedor vs Silva, striker/grappler clash of styles in Overeem vs Werdum) instead of either giving the biggest stars the easiest possible matches or making the fights people wanted to see from the get go?

Why was Nick Diaz given permission to fight in boxing, something likely to either be a waste of time or a dangerous threat to the marque value of one of your top fighters?

Why was Dan Henderson given a title fight when he only had two fights left on his contract?

Even this doesn't change my opinion. The issue with Golden Glory is over the fact that they want to be paid the lion's share of the cash and then they dish it out to the fighters. Why should any promotion be paying the camps over the fighters? That sort of **** leads to nonsense like Berto getting sort touch after soft touch because Al Haymon gives HBO Floyd Mayweather or worse fighters getting screwed over by fight camps who take too much of the money. Fighters do the work they should be paid - hopefully the likes of Coheen realise that and leave Golden Glory.

14. Will Cooling

Aug 2, 2010
    Golden Glory was pushing for it for all their fighters.

Btw Grand Prix fans - you might want to worry about the other semi-final. Sergei is a Golden Glory fighter. Only a matter of time. Hopefully they find somebody good from the UFC rather than just put Werdum or Chad Griggs in there!

15. Stoo

Apr 4, 2008
    I agree fella, but that's the business of the fighter and their manager.

Whether they jumped or were pushed is irrelevant to really, dont see why Coenen should be punished for a disagreement between a different fighter

This stinks more than the cut between camp and fighters. That's their business