ZUFFA To Separate UFC From MMA

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by snakerattle79, Oct 17, 2010.

1. snakerattle79

snakerattle79 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 16, 2008
    http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opt...the-sunday-morning-rumor-mill&catid=37:rumors

2. rusty nails

rusty nails Tszyu for PM!! Full Member

Jun 20, 2008
    sounds similar to the wwe identifying themselves as "sports entertainment"
    probably a good business move. cant really hurt anyone i guess.

3. codeman99998

codeman99998 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 28, 2006
    "unstoppable frate trane" makes me think, right off the bat, that this source is not valid.

4. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    anyone who goes along with that is just being silly. call a spade a spade!

UFC is already considered the NFL of MMA so they should carry on with that line of marketing.

5. unsigned_userv2

unsigned_userv2 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2010
    It sounds like a poorly thought out idea to me; UFC already is almost a synonomous term with MMA and trying differentiate the two will only confuse casual audiences.

They should work on getting MMA legalised for the long term rather than waste time finding loopholes in the short term. This kind of reminds me of the old UFC days where they had to manipulative every rule and legislation in the book to hold their events. To me all it does is add more ammunition for polititians and medical lobby groups to try and shut it down, especially when they see they need loopholes to continue.

6. johnride

johnride New Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2010
    i think what the basis of the arguement ufc is going with is something dana has talked about before. he has said he wants to get mma set as one world wide rule instead of organizations having separate rules by having this it allows him a small oppurtunity to make the ufc separate. alot of the countries in europe asia area have a view of mma from pride or other organizations that didnt restrict the striking as much such as soccer kicks made the fighting more dangerous for the fighters. by making the ufc separate he can push only his rules and it seem new and takes away initial thought of vale tudo(mma) no holds barred anything goes mentality and more of a structured expansion of boxing or kickboxing with grappling. other countries will accept it more easily.

7. Burundanga

Burundanga Renaissance Man Full Member

Jun 19, 2005
    rumor has it that the NFL is renaming football to "oblong pigskin sports"