Zuffadog's (MDS) very biased ranking

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by monaroCountry, Oct 27, 2010.

1. demzor

demzor Active Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2006
    I have Fedor at #2...

and i have Mir under "Toss the rest of these names in a bag and shake them"

I fail to see your point

2. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    You will. Just give it time....

3. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2009

Did you even look at thier records? I'd say Overeem has beat some people. Mir's biggest accomplishment has been defeating an overhyped shaved ******.:good

(And that was Brocks first ufc fight)

4. Sloth

Oct 2, 2009

You have Cain at #1. Why? It should be Werdum if anyone. To be the man you have to beat the man, the man was Fedor. It was never Brock. You are going into the second stage of the UFC hype machine. Werdum beat the baddest man on the planet. Cain beat the biggest hypejob on the planet.:thumbsup

5. demzor

Nov 18, 2006

What has Overeem done? What am i supposed to be looking at? Brett Rogers? The guy has done nothing but fight cans(in mma) in the last 3-4 years.

At least Mir has a win over Nog.

But of course.. pride fanboys think Nog is conveniently done now that he's in the UFC.

6. demzor

Nov 18, 2006
    I have Cain at #1 because I believe he has the skill set and mind set to beat anyone in mma.

Werdum does not.
    At least not consistently.

7. Sloth

Oct 2, 2009

You seriously think Cain could beat Overeem? Seriously?:huh That would be a one sided beat down. They don't call this guy the demolition man for nothing. Cain is skilled, but I believe Overeem is more skilled. K-1 level kickboxer with decent ground and INCREDIBLE strength. Couple that with a hunger to win and a calm ring demenor. I'd say he is the next to be the man in mma heavy's. Cain still has 2 more UFC heavy's to take out before we can officially call him the ufc champion. Carwin and JDS just might bring a fight.

8. Flash Jab

Flash Jab Boxing Junkie banned

Jul 29, 2010
    People really need to get off the Overeem train before it goes off the rails.

9. undefeated

undefeated FIMP Full Member

Jan 24, 2005
    fedor would destroy cain, i would also bet JDS or Carwin over cain.

10. demzor

Nov 18, 2006

You talk like you have never watched Overeem.

As someone else said.. he is more famous for his losses than his wins. I have yet to see any change in him other than getting bigger.

Same guy who crumbled when chuck hit him.. crumbled when Kharitonov hit him... crumbled when badr hari hit him...

There is no question in my mind that Cain would take him down and beat on him.

But I guess thats why they make the fights.. who knows what will happen when 2 guys get in the ring..
    Too bad Overeem doesn't take any real fights in MMA..

11. Brett can at least claim to have:
    1) better record than Brock
    2) better cardio than Brock and Carwin
    3) better boxing and kickboxing than Brock
    4) better ground game than Brock and Carwin.
    5) fought better fighters than Brock, Carwin, Cain

12. When one of the best kickboxers pelted Overeem and knocked him twice, Overeem didnt run away and didnt cower. Those hits Badr connected were monsters and would have been 3 times more powerful than anything Cain would have been able to do.

Also notice the little run by Overeem v Kharitonov, I honestly dont think Overeem was scared or crumbled, he honestly looked more confused. The only time I see Overeem do that little jog is whe the fight gets broken up..............watch the little run on display against Badr 2:54 MARK.

[yt]Qj9Y2vH9_0o[/yt]

It even looks in this gif that Overeem misunderstood the ref and started running back to his corner only to be hit from behind. Its a bad habbit of Overeem but nothing more than that.
    This content is protected

13. I agree

14. marsupial

marsupial Monkey Full Member

Oct 5, 2010
    This debate on MMA HW could go on forever,

-Fedor
    -Overeem
    -JDS
    -Velasquez

Match any of these guys one against another in any order, you most likely get a great, fairly unpredictable fight, all of those are very intelligent fighters that can adapt to most situations, so basing your opinions on any of their previous fights isn't too relevant in my opinion.

I'd clearly pay for any of those match ups.

p.s: could add Werdum and Carwin of course, but i have more faith in the 4 above.

15. jsalerno

jsalerno Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    It is actually undeniable now - sherdog have just exposed themselves as the biggest zuffa nut-huggers ever - how.......oh howww the fk can brock with a career of 5-2 go to #2 - please someone give me some rationale for this - seriously someone try and explain this utter bull**** - I would bet everything i own and my left testicle that fedor would demolish brock - worse than CV - im not even going to bother commenting on the rest of the list as brock at #2 has just set an awful precedent.