⚡USyK⚡AJ⚡Fury⚡: rate them!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing2019, Aug 7, 2021.

1. xnico

xnico New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    ROFLMAO so you are saying Fury should have a TKO win over Wlad?

2. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I disagree. Pulev could have taken a knee. He turned his back and ran away and the ref had to step in to stop it.

That singles that he couldn't take anymore. Ref could have stopped that justifiably.

If you turn your back from your opponent and run away then you can't complain if the ref just ends it there.

Doppleganger likes this.
  3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
  4. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Eh no he could've taken more because he clearly wanted to fight after the ref gave him a count. And it still wouldn't be comparable to Wlad stopping Pulev because by round 5 he had a prime Pulev on his back with is face totally busted up and unable to get up before the count despite Pulev trying his best to get up wheras Pulev was practically 40 against Joshua

5. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Pulev had taken 30 seconds of unanswered punches with some of them landing quite clean. He ran halfway across the ring before turning his back and crouching down in the corner. He didn’t even realise the ref had waved Joshua away and still continued covering up whilst the ref started counting.

That to me is not the actions of a man who was willing to fight. I don’t think he could have had any complaints had the fight been stopped there. To be fair his behaviour throughout the fight was quite bizarre though.

Doppleganger likes this.
  6. hobby rider

Aug 4, 2020
    When did I say that?
    Not everyone constantly thinks of Fury whilst frapping themselves to a death through dehydration like you.

7. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    If you look closely he tried to clinch twice and dodged or blocked most of Aj's punches. He was acting bizarre in the buildup and in the fight itself but stopping the fight there would have been premature although he was getting beat up. Klitschko legitimately stopped a MUCH younger Pulev quicker and dropped him multiple times early on unlike Aj

8. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    No if you turn your back it`s over, he gave up, it should have been waved off.

9. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Pulev was gone and quit, you don`t turn your back.

10. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Still not as a convincing stoppege as Wlad against prime Pulev. The man was 39 against Aj. Let's not throw that under the rug

11. hobby rider

Aug 4, 2020
    I think if you turn your back in the corner then maybe you can state a case for carrying on but he was on the ropes bang in the middle between two corners and literally ran into the corner and turned away. He even put his hands over his head when the referee moved Joshua out of the way and kept them there for another few seconds which to me shows he had no awareness of what was happening so could have no complaints if it was stopped at that point.

12. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Well Pulev was 39 and wasn't even dropped until round 3. Klitschko did it more convincingly against a younger Pulev and even had him down twice by round 1 and he did it with single shots too unlike Joshua. Klitschko outboxed and brutalized him as soon as he got out of first gear wheras Aj looked uncomfortable when Pulev got close. He's still fightin those demons from the Ruiz loss. From what i can tell Aj still isn't on prime Wladimirs level. Not yet

13. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Pulev got close about twice, AJ just stayed at range until he could get to him, Pulev has a wierd amateur style, uncomfortable up close? Pulev only has 14 KO`s.

14. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Yes he was uncomfortable when pulev got close, thats why he clinched instead of destroying Pulev on the inside. it was clear for everyone to see. Aj looked worried the few times Pulev got into range. The old Aj would have destroyed Pulev in the pocket. That asswhoopin Ruiz gave him still scars him to this day

15. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    There was stuff in internet long ago before Briedis get till title fights.
    Like: KB am fights more close to fast pro boxing fights etc alike. From tournament format fights.
    Were am Povetkin, Briedis etc alike. Some from this suff looks was not less worth than pro boxing on ppvs.

Serge likes this.