AJ and Adam Booth

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tee_birch, Nov 11, 2021.

1. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I saw Andy Lee has said they would be a good fit together and it got me thinking.

Does AJ have the fast twitch explosive style that Booth seems to rely on with his fighters or would it just further drain what is already a questionable gas tank.

I’m looking forward to the rematch I have to say. AJ has to let his hands go a lot more but does he get clipped and stopped on the way in. He was hurt on more than one occasion and Usyk didn’t really seem troubled at all even when AJ landed.

2. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    AJ & Booth????

He’s walking away from Mcraken cos he can’t get his head round technical boxing so why the F would you go to the world most complicated trainer?

Doesn’t need Booth to learn how to throw a straight left right and get that street fighting instinct back.

Ilesey, ryanm8655 and tee_birch like this.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Andy Lee just name dropping his mate to keep him relevant. Massive fan of Adam as a pundit and analyst but feel his time has been and gone as a trainer. AJ would be a terrible fit.

4. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree, I don't think it would be a good fit. I think Mark Tibbs would be a good fit.

Wizbit1013 and GTFUP like this.
  5. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    ffs no. Imagine the nonsense :hang.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  6. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    This.

And this.

Booth is not a strong technique coach, only works well with a certain type of athlete, and even those successes have been diminished ones since Haye.

Lee was poor under Booth. He was always behind in fights but would manage to bail himself out with the big hook, which is why people seem to look on his union with Adam as a success. In reality, they were a bad fit.

7. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Here's something to consider:

If Joshua is talking about doing away with the Sweet Science, and instead bringing the warfare and planning on just steamrollimg Usyk in the rematch -- thereby reverting back to his approach before Wlad rendered him gunshy -- then why exactly does he need to dump Rob McCracken and find a new trainer in order to achieve this?

Ngubu, moog, velagod and 3 others like this.
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Spot on. McCracken is perfect for AJ. The problem with Joshua is his mental state imo. He's clearly quite a fragile guy and seems a bit mentally unhinged imo.

9. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Exactly this.

All he has to do is just get in there and ****ing fight, he will feel much better for it afterwards.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  10. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Absolutely not.

11. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Nonsense. Joshua has stamina issues. Most of Booth’s fighters have stamina issues (E.g Josh Kelly).

12. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Like others have said. The problem is AJ himself. He's lacking self belief.

13. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Can have whatever trainer he wants but unless he mans up and gets stuck in he won't be winning.

Jurgen, Oneirokritis and moog like this.
  14. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Who does Adam have in his stable these days?

15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Manages Shannon Courtenay but Charlie Beat actually trains her. Ellie Scotney has just left him for McGuigans stable which leaves Josh Kelly who I think has been exposed and the unbeaten Mick Conlan.

Oneirokritis and Brixton Bomber like this.