AJ waiting for the "right" time, not ducking

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boon, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    This content is protected

Anthony Joshua will fight Deontay Wilder and also fight Tyson Fury, but he will only fight them at the "right" time. When is the "right" time, it is quite soon actually but not right now.

Deontay Wilder is now 33 years old. Let that sink in. for the last couple of years AJ & Eddie Hearn have deliberately been lying, sneering and snivelling around, saying one thing then another. It is nothing but delaying tactics, trying to mess with Wilder physiologically, get in his head and create a bit of doubt etc.

Eddie Hearn wants the money, but AJ wants money and legacy. The both agree to do it where both are protected as much possible. AJ is no coward or ducker as such, but he is just making his timing "right".

Now, some will say 'but AJ has been fighting many top ranked contenders and unified belts etc, he is literally chasing all the big fights, how can you say that?'. Let me explain, yes AJ has done that because all those guys were no match at all for someone of AJ's calibre, he did'nt need to make much demands or play a certain angle, now for Wilder and Fury it is a different story and time "timing" and "conditions" need to be "right".

Wilder, he is now 33 years old, the age when when men physically peak is almost every way. For those uneducated lot on here (unfortunately a majority) who will say 'no a boxer can peak at 42 years old', just look at footballers and their careers in relation to age. It's the same for most physically demanding sports. Anyway, towards then end of 2019 or later is when the "right" time will come for AJ and Eddie to finally stop messing around and accept the fight.

When the time comes when all 3 have fought each other, whether once or more, I think it will be AJ who will remain undefeated & undisputed, but it will not be done in a manner that is befitting such an honour.

305th, Sephiroth Rising 7 and CST80 like this.
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Remind me who is 40 - 0 and has barely fought a top 10 fighter?

That's the guy waiting for the right time.

Holler, Vykus, N17 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Boon

May 2, 2015
    I think you mistook me for a fanboy...

Let me explain, Wilder should have stepped it up much much earlier in regards to his level of competition. Yes, its true he did'nt have nationwide TV coverage and big time promoter doing big things from day 1, but even with all that he still should have done something, anything to rise through the rankings. With that said, he has stepped up recently and has fought much better competition and I firmly believe he did try to make the AJ fight happen.

4. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I hope you aren't referring to that 50 mill malarky

N17 and Angler Andrew like this.
  5. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    33 years old and getting better every fight because he turned pro so late. Physical peak is only a small component and 33 is still quite young anyways.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  6. Boon

May 2, 2015
    33 is not "quite young" in boxing terms at all.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  7. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    The bodybuilder Joshua will wait till both are 39, and both with losses like Povetkin and Wlad before he fights them. Fortunately Deontay will be retired by then, undefeated 60 - 0. And Tyson Fury will be sectioned in a mental asylum.

NoNeck and Sephiroth Rising 7 like this.
  8. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    I firmly believe he didn’t

9. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    It's the same situation with Usyk.

They are waiting to age him out and sent out the bodyguard protectors to put some wear and tear on him to soften him up for when Joshua is forced to fight him.

Notice how Povetkin, Takam, Molina, Martin,and Pulev never have to build up their reps or show they are ppv draws to be thrown in the ring with the fraud.

10. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Wilder should fight Povetkin instead of softie Fuy.

11. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Initially I think Hearn was trying to delay the fight. Even before they fought Parker his plan was for 2018 was Parker, a summer fight, likely to have been Miller and then maybe Wilder in late 2018 or early 2019. Back in late 2017 Hearn outlined his plans and people complained rightly that Wilder and unification should come sooner.

Now Wilder was nowhere to be seen when Joshua/Parker was close to being made, he made the odd call out but never reached out to Hearn to make him change his plans and never tried to undercut Parker's offer when things seemed to be stalling in Dec 2017.

Wilder started being more vocal during and after the Parker fight. Hearn wanted to keep to his plan but Joshua pushed for the summer fight to be vs Wilder and so negotiations began. Of course they were drawn out and Wilder after agreeing a $15 mill flat fee, lost his pen and refused to sign until Povetkin was named mandatory. This was when it first became clear Wilder also was trying to delay the fight being made.

Hearn again delayed the fight to April 2019 the end time scale that he had spoken about for Joshua/Wilder. What according to Hearn was likely his last chance to make the fight before mandatory defences became an issue. What does Wilder do, he changes his tune says it must be in late 2018 refuses to sign for the fight and fights Fury instead signing a 2 fight deal that would prevent a Joshua fight until summer or late 2019.

Right now I say Wilder definitely doesn't want the fight he's committed to 2 Fury fights, so no chance it happens in April 2019 unless the rematch doesn't happen.

As for Hearn and Joshua? Well maybe they do want the fight in April as Hearn has always said was his preferred option. But then again maybe he doesn't.

Overall it's all bit of a disappointment from both sides.

12. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Well, not WIlder as he'd KO'd a consensus top 5 fighter.

13. Vykus

Vykus ɹoolɟ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝᴉʌ ǝɥʇ Full Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Lol, Joshua waiting for the 'right time' is waiting for Wilder and Fury to either find their worth or find their pens.

14. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    The right time is when Deontay is no longer a threat. Hes 33 and a better athlete and much faster than AJ, when he no longer has those advantages...... Right time. *****.

Boon, Sephiroth Rising 7 and chico g like this.
  15. this_is_scotty

this_is_scotty New Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    I have a question.

Why did Deontay Wilder, the man who lives and breathes to be undisputed king, the one face and one name of heavyweight boxing, the man anointed by god with the power to destroy anyone he faces never reach out to Joseph Parker for a Unification Fight whilst he held the WBO strap??

Is it maybe something to do with the fact a WBC Champion who struggles to fill a bingo hall in his hometown fighting a widely unknown Kiwi who if you remember 2 years ago, appeared to have the best boxing skill set of the 3 suitors for the title of Undisputed Heavyweight King. As well as strong claims of his granite chin could easily expose Wilder.

Now remember back to the AJ/Klitschko fight. Wilder commentating on what was considered at the time the best heavyweight contest of this generation of fighters. Standing on the sidelines as the proverbial torch was passed from Wlad down to not him but AJ. He saw where the money was, he saw where the legacy now lied and his team were fully aware that this was the fight. Surely this would have been an opportune moment for him to step up and fight Parker. Leaving him coming to the table 12 months later with hopefully 2 belts and a far bigger bargaining chip. Instead he fought a doughnut after a pensioner failed a drugs test.

Deontay Wilder has had ample opportunity before now to give himself a lot more leverage in negotiations that he knew would be coming sooner or later and has failed to capitalise on them. Anthony Joshua has and unfortunately when you bring that much more to the table than your opponent sometimes you just have to sit down and wait your turn.