Anthony Yarde's bum carousel continues

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lewis gassed, Sep 8, 2017.

1. cfckieran

cfckieran Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Thing is we have no idea yet after 17 fights if he's actually any good. 17 fights and not even a meaningful domestic fight yet he's highly ranked. P! $$ take !
    The rate he's going he'll get to 40 odd fights and have a worse resume than Wilder.

S.K likes this.
  2. lefthook82

lefthook82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    I think he comes across well in that Youtube video

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Are you joking?

I’ve just watched it now.

When asked would he like to see Buatsi v Burton fight he said he wouldn’t even watch it? Two domestic rivals who’ve both been calling him out. Why wouldn’t you watch it? He’s pathetic. He’s got 800 dislikes now to 100 likes so that tells you how he came across.

4. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Lions in the camp bruv!

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  5. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    This content is protected

S.K likes this.
  6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Yarde would get banjoed by kovalev and Alvarez

I actually think buatsi would be a complete nightmare for him, you can clearly see his judge of distance is way better than yardes, something he would’ve learnt in the amateurs.

Thing is Yarde can’t run forever, he should be fighting at British level but he’s fighting eurobums which he’ll learn very little from.

I can see the likes of Boesel or Murat beating him too.

I’ll be very surprised if we see him in with any of these fighters in 2019

Twentyman and Scissors like this.
  7. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Yarde isn’t fighting anyone of note this year. Yeah Ahmar we all agreed is a step up but is he really? He went the distance with Gvodzyk but can he throw back? That’s the question mark against Yarde (and Buatsi too). Can they take a punch? What’s their defence like? Can they overcome adversity?

Twentyman likes this.
  8. BluenoseBxingFan

BluenoseBxingFan Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2018
    He's very respectful about Buatsi actually - he says he hopes they both continue winning and doing their thing so they can meet in the ring at some point.

He also points out that he doesn't want to rush into anything and cites Mike Tyson's early progression as something he wants to emulate - fair enough imo.

It sounds like people have been triggered by IFL's clickbait headline about Buatsi vs Burton - a fight that isn't happening because Burton keeps pricing himself out of fights.

You can't have it both ways, you can't ask why he isn't calling out the likes Buatsi because he's a "fruad" and then complain when he says he's just doing his own thing for now because he's still learning.

9. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    People are sheep and just follow the popular trend. Yarde has a decent fight next and hopefully is improving all the time in the gym. I hate this era of internet fans.

10. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Tell me what’s decent about Amar other than going the distance last time out.

Break it down for me, help me understand what you’re seeing that makes this a decent fight for the WBO number 1/2 ranked contender.

destruction and Smudge_ like this.
  11. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I’ve just watched the Amar fight with Gvozdyk and he pretty much fights to survive for 12 rounds on his bike. In an out at times but never sits on any of his punches

destruction likes this.
  12. BluenoseBxingFan

Mar 25, 2018
    He's experienced and will give Yarde rounds. That's where Yarde has admitted he is atm. If Yarde KOs him when Gvozdyk couldn't, you wouldn't say that's a little bit of a message sent out and a good sign of his progression?

Sounds like you're caught up in Hearn's anti-Yarde's PR. Meanwhile, Buatsi is fighting Super Middleweights and not getting nowhere near enough grief, despite him calling out everyone and Hearn calling him the best young star in boxing at the moment...

13. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Yarde's own team is doing a good enough job of bad publicity, Hearn doesn't need to do anything.

Are you really saying Buatsi is fighting SMW's? Half of Yarde's career has been vs SMW's dragged up. Kind of owned yourself there really... Also Quinlan would be Yarde's best opponent by some distance, that's how bad Yarde's competition has been.

14. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    What message is it sending out? That Yarde can punch? I don’t think anyone doubts that part of him, it’s been evident from the start. Can he box his way to a points win? Can he defend? Can he take a punch? Again the same questions will be unanswered.

That’s nothing to do with Hearn, they’re my own observations and if you look at previous post I said same about Buatsi too.

Twentyman likes this.
  15. BluenoseBxingFan

Mar 25, 2018
    Don't be ridiculous. Of course Buatsi has fought SMW's, he even fought Averlant way after Yarde did! One rule for Yarde, one for Buatsi et al then, yeah?