Anthony Yarde's bum carousel continues

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lewis gassed, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It's not that simple mate, it's not a football fixture.

Is Burton the only fighter in the whole world at 175lb that you feel Yarde should be facing at this moment?

Hosea Burton was coming off a stoppage loss to Buglioni. The board have made a BS decision to suit Hearn and Gallaghers agenda as Hosea and Johnson are in the same camp. Frank and Yarde wanted to fight Buglioni then all of a sudden fast Eddie blocks it and instead offers Burton who nobody mentioned beforehand..that's why I said people are being brainwashed by Eddie.

And also, even if Yarde beat Burton that doesn't guarantee a shot at Buglioni as frank would be entititled to a voluntary first.

2. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I saw Fat Dan's tweet and then a post on the general forum. Regardless Yarde isn't getting an undeserved title shot as he's only ranked #7 and hasn't even beaten a British level fighter yet.

What you don't seem to understand is that Burton is a step-up from the bums Yarde has been fighting so far (only 5 guys with winning records) and we would get to see what Yarde is all about, alas he's chosen to fight what will probably be another stiff without a full training camp instead.

Yarde needs to get in line and earn his place for a British title.

@Maley likes this.
  3. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Everyone is looking at it from a short point of view and turning it into Matchroom v Queensbury,Warren v Hearn.I want the likes of Buatsi,Yarde,Okolie,Yafai,Dubois,Benn all to do well,but you have to take it slowly,unless they got a lot of amateur background,because if they step up quickly to domestic level,they are gonna lose and then Become punchbags.Look at Josh Taylor v O Hara,taylor had a massive advantage of a skilled amateur background while Davies didnt.For the long term and if you want them to be successful in the long run,they need to take as less as damage in these early days ln their careers.When they are 15/20 fights in then they should be moved up to British Level,then World level.

4. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    So when is Yarde going to move to British level?

Scissors likes this.
  5. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

Well his 13 -0 beat all imports and only gone 4 rounds twice. 1 round blow outs learn u nothing.

6. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016
    And wen they they say his above British level (or after buglinio) and burton y was summers offered the fight for September

7. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    Contradiction after contradiction

@Maley likes this.
  8. Ty577

Aug 13, 2017
    When he and his team feel confident that he will able to win and survive at British Level.Then once he is holding the british titles,move him to world level.Patience.

9. Ty577

Aug 13, 2017
    Just relax,it's his health and career he is risking everything when going to a fight.He's not their to provide the fights you want,it's the ones he wants.Buglioni and Burton are too much at this stage of his career.A couple of more wins,confidence booming,then put him in with Burton.

10. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016

They were calling for buglinio then board made the burton fight a final eliminator. Burton was and is a massive step up to anything yarde has faced. I know it's not yarde it his team but a good fight was made and they pulled out to keep fighting road sweepers who don't last a round. Wats he learning

11. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    no but thats who he was mandated to fight and its the next progression for him (British title that is). he ducked it to fight Ryan Ford.

thats just a conspiracy theory. and no-one was talking about Yarde/Buglioni before it was mandated. its only the last couple of days that its come out that Frank tried to get Buglioni for Yardes 8 or 9th fight.

and of course it would guarantee him a shot, he wins, he becomes mandatory

12. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It wouldn't guarantee an immediate shot that's what I meant. Assuming Buglioni beats
    Johnson he can choose a voluntary first. After that any BS can happen, injuries/ducking/politics etc. Frank wanted to skip all that crap and get Buglioni - Yarde set up for a headline fight on BT
    but Bug after first laying down the challenge was backed out by his team who know barring a miracle he would be smashed by Yarde.

I would actually have preferred to have seen the Ryan Ford fight ahead of Hosea Burton. Hosea has no power and has been KOd by Bug. Why anybody other then fast Eddie would want to see Burton an awkwardly tall skinny kid in with an atheletic, technically sound power puncher is behond me but fair enough.

13. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    ahh fair enough.

Yeah, and I totally understand, if they're gonna go for the title might as well go straight for it, but buglioni was mandated to fight Johnson and he would've had to wait anyway, and as someone else mentioned, after that starting claiming they're above Burton and then offering the fight to summers.

I dunno about that, Burton was winning that fight. who knows if that power and looking as good as he does will still be there in that great of an effect when he steps up, thats why the Burton fight is ideal imo

14. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Can’t he fight for the Hungarian domestic title?

15. @Maley

Aug 30, 2016
    His beat them all already