Anyone else think Joshua vs Miller is a very interesting fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Feb 15, 2019.

1. bluebird

bluebird Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Miller is good, and he's ****ing huge. What fight did he do bad in for people to be shitting on this fight? Every time i've seen him fight he's been like a force of nature, ****ing impressing. We already saw Joshua - Whyte and Wilder wont fight Joshua. He demod Gerald Washington with the same ease as Wilder, maybe better.

I know he hasn't proven it , but Miller vs Whyte would probably be a toss up.

Clean & Crisp likes this.
  2. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Yeh Miller brings some heat, more heat than whyte, bigger, stronger and tougher. It will be a entertaining fight for aslong as it lasts, Joshua will need to box and only box in this one. Joshua gets a controversial stoppage late on, on a slightly damaged but still game Miller.

Although Miller has only fought small punchers as of now.

Manassas likes this.
  3. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Yes it's interesting and I'm looking forward to it. No it's not Wilder or Fury but Miller is still a top 10 guy and as you say his size is going to give anyone pause for thought.

4. 46and0

46and0 It's irrefutable. Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Miller is a binman with 19 chins. It's an awful fight. AJ is ducking Pulev again.

Ukansodoff likes this.
  5. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    probably because its not the fight everyone wanted originally.
    it would be different if the others were all tied up (2 out of the 3 are fighting each other fo the wbc title) the 3rd got knocked out already by joshua.

also

haters gonna hate

Mirko likes this.
  6. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Miller hasn't earned the fight but it's interesting nonetheless given Miller's size (width) and good work rate as well as his mouth which will be working overtime in the build up.

But he's not much of a boxer and is slow so i'd expect Joshua to break him down from the start and get a mid to late stoppage.

MarcelCerdan13 likes this.
  7. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    No, it's not interesting at all. If you can't move, you lose. Miller may put the heat on, but that will only end in embarrassment. AJ is unbeatable if you choose to stand and trade. He'll bully Miller to the ropes and drain him in clinches. And that's all Miller knows, he can't move. And AJ has choices here. He doesn't even have to fight up close if he doesn't want to. He can easily school Miller to a decision if he wants to play it safe. Miller gets hit too much. Against an amazing combination puncher like AJ that can only end in a bad knockout defeat.

8. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Hahaha, we'll see how much heat your unproven, unsung hero brings.

9. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    whyte landed a lucky left hook, then got comprehensively outboxed by Joshua, then almost decapitated.

not saying whyte doesnt deserve a rematch, but he cannot refuse terms.

305th likes this.
  10. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    I agree. That did happen.

A long time ago, in a time period that was far, far away.... from today.

In the year 2019 the left hook of Whyte is better than all of Millers punches put together... your local kebab shop owner Miller ain't got a punch to hurt Joshua with.

Boy I can't wait to see your bubble burst.

11. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Yes, for me it's a very interesting fight.

northpaw likes this.
  12. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    I want Joshua to win you lunatic.

13. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    It's quite interesting and alot of people are simply hating.

1. To date, no fighter has even been able to stop Miller's forward progress and him from walking them down let alone hurt him, he's shown an excellent chin and out of this world stamina and the ability to throw way more punches than the average HW despite his size.

2. He has shown the ability to throw a variety of different punches (uppercuts, jab, cross etc), more than most HW's exhibit. Also, he has shown good punch placement.

3.. He's beaten 3 top 15ish guys (all former title challengers)

4. Joshua tee'd off on Carlos Takam without fear of any incoming shots but couldn't put him away (despite the fact that he had been stopped before brutally by Povetkin), but he's gonna just run over Miller that hasn't even shown that type of liability yet?

5. People are saying Miller is slow and doesn't move. He hasn't needed to because he comes forward and attacks (successfully). Joshua ain't fought this type of fighter yet. Someone who wants to walk you down and is willing to fight on the inside.

6. There are some that are saying Joshua will bully Miller. I have seen no proof yet that he can push a 300 lb man around the ring. We've already seen however Miller pushing people Joshua's size around and walking through shots.

This is a very good fight and is not a walkover. I'm not predicting a winner but if Joshua wins, I don't think he stops Miller. And I wouldn't be woefully shocked if Miller won.

minemax likes this.
  14. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    "Joshua gets a controversial stoppage late on, on a slightly damaged but still game Miller.

Although Miller has only fought small punchers as of now."

Mhmmm tell me more about your overwhelming confidence for Joshua against a weak fat boy.

15. MarcelCerdan13

MarcelCerdan13 Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It seems interesting, but it’ll depend on two things. First, It depends on how well Miller takes Joshua’s punches. Defense IS NOT his strong suit, he’s going to get hit....a lot. Second is if(huge if) he can, can he apply pressure and maintain his work rate Consistently enough to wear Joshua out. If not it’s either an early knockout, or a lopsided, dull decision.

minemax likes this.