Anyone else think Loma destroys Rigo?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by shanahan14, Aug 21, 2017.

1. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I noticed somebody adding size to Rigondeaux already, lol. Rigs is 5'3 max. While Lomachenko was at least Walters' height, looking taller than the 5'7 Walters at the final face off, and during the fight. Rigondeaux is only said to have weighed 128 once on fight night. While he has often come into the ring closer to 122 or even at 122 on fight night. Reach is from the armpit to the fist. Wingspan and reach are two different things. A guy can have a broad back and short arms, but have longer wingspan than someone who actually has more reach armpit to fist. Lomachenko weighed 138 on fight night for the last midget he faced. Russell Jr. and that was at 126. Size will be a factor, which will make a Rigs win even more powerful.

2. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    There will be no destruction, these are the top two pound for pound fighters in the world today, in my opinion. My prediction is this Loma out points Rigo on work rate alone. Or Rigo knocks Loma TFO. Those are the only two endings for this fight.

only advantage Loma has is size , I think he will be anywhere from 10 to 15 pounds heavier. But that will only make Rigo more cautious than he already is.

qwertyblahblah likes this.
  3. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Loma weighed 138lbs in his 130lb fights too, he said just last year that he walks around at fight night weight.
    In his fight against Sosa, he weighed 139lbs which was his highest yet.

Also, Lomachenko did not look taller than Walters. Loma is 5'6, maybe 5'6.5. The length dimensions are the same as Rigo's, deal with it (this is me willing to grant that Rigo is 5'3.5) - Rigo still has 3 inches reach advantage on Loma.

Stop spouting BS as if it's fact, it's really annoying how posters do that.

deyell likes this.
  4. Gannicus

Mar 4, 2014
    Rigo has the ability to give Loma all he could handle IMO.

1. The size difference isn't as colossal as people make it out to be. Same length dimensions, Loma only weighs 10lbs more on fight night and comes in the same size during a FW bout which is where Rigo would've fought Loma before - it makes no significant difference.

2. Loma didn't find it easy at times to tag Sosa or Marriaga at close range and ended up at times chasing them with ineffective punches that miss - case in point - Sosa's successful evasion of Loma's shots during the matador moment. Someone like Rigo can make Loma pay for 'chasing the target with his hands'.

3. Loma to me although has more output and creates more offensive opportunity to score points, he leaves himself more open to single shots - which could end up being enough for a low output Rigo to steal rounds.

4. Rigo has exceptional footwork and would quell Loma's intended usage of angles to create openings at times.

5. Rigo is very coy, thus would take a much longer time and more risks for Loma to be able to understand Rigo's fighting protocol

6. Rigo has more than enough pop in his punches to keep Lomachenko honest.

7. To make it worse, Loma often in my eyes had lost early rounds at times vs a few of his pro opponents. Rigondeaux gets to work immediately.

To me, this is a harder fight potentially than a prime Floyd vs Loma fight. But I'm rolling with Loma.
    It will be very low output and frustrating to watch for whoever's favourite fighter is being outpointed.

Tettsuo and pacas like this.
  5. bubbrubb

bubbrubb Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2016
    all good, I got flaming love for Loma too

6. Mrtibbs

Mrtibbs Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 5, 2009
    So excited for this one!

pacas likes this.
  7. Ilikeboxing

Ilikeboxing Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
  8. mandatory

mandatory Nuthugger Crusher Full Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I think Rigo wins by UD or SD

9. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Loma is 5'7 at the least. Rigs is 5'3 max. Do you really want me to own you on the height disparity? Not sure why you are trying to shrink Loma down. Maybe because he is only one inch shorter than Crawford lol.

10. Gannicus

Mar 4, 2014
    5'3 max? LOL so basically now he's 5'2.5 then :lol:

11. SteelShoulders

SteelShoulders Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Why in the world do you think this? Rigo has one hitter quitter power at 122, and impeccable form.

12. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Now Rigo is 5'0 and weighs 90lbs now he is facing lamochenko :lol:

Todd498 likes this.
  13. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Without hesitation, YES, it will be shocking to most people how easily Loma tools this grumpy munchkin.

lewis gassed likes this.
  14. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Okedoke CST80,there's an identical thread where I was interested in your opinion on this.
    I like Rigo but I can't see him pulling the trigger as Lomo won't be there,he could put on a real stinkeroo with the money in the bank lol

15. Jambon

Jambon Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Its think Loma's timing and execution will wair down Rigo