arthur gets raped at world level.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by stuey, Jul 21, 2007.

1. TAM83

TAM83 Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Wow a bit harsh on Arthur I reckon. Not going to claim he'll clean up the division but I reckon some of the stuff being said is a bit harsh.

He was fighting a solid opponent who was as dirty as I've seen in a while, and he was a southpaw. Any southpaw can make a performance look scrappy (Hatton/Mausa).

His defence was a bit open sometimes but I think he had felt his power and knew he wouldn't hurt him.

The jury is still out but I think it's too early to say he gets raped at world level.

Well done ARTHUR

2. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Dont you look like an idiot now:lol: Just kidding mate, watching the first couple of rounds id of said the same. AAA came through though, an awesome night for British boxing.

3. finzwinz

finzwinz Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Absolute codswallop! Only an idiot, or someone with an anti AA agenda would say that was a **** performance this evening.

AA boxed cleverly against a tricky, and lightning quick fringe contender. There was never any doubt that AA would start slowly against the quicker Goladze. While the Georgian came out flying, AA was getting in the better punches and slowed him down, and took him out later....good stategy and well done Alex.

As another poster suggested, the anti Scottish boxer sentiment is outrageous on here! Get a life Stuey you sad ****er!

4. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Honestly, Arthur looked like he was having a little trouble with the tricky southpaw early on. But after 3-4 rounds AAA stepped it up and made Gogoladze look ordinary, time to step it up now and fight some of the best. He may not win, but he can give anyone a good fight.

5. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Gogo was winning the rounds easily and clearly. Everyone scoring the fight had him 4-1 up after 5 rounds. I give Arthur credit for winning and for coming back strongly, but if someone like Gogo can do that to him I am afraid he is lacking in something he cannot learn when he steps up.

I like Arthur as a fighter and I give him credit for winning the fight.

6. stuey

stuey Never bet on England Full Member

Aug 13, 2004
    less of the internet warrior stuff geezer:smooch

you have to look at the facts, he wore plenty early on and was being clearly outboxed by a journeyman. he is a good fighter, but world class he aint.

7. AllyT

AllyT Active Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2004
    You have no idea what a journyman is

8. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    1. Gogoladze is B class at World level , far from a ****ing journeyman
    2.'Gogoladze was picking him apart till he gassed' , you think those brutal body shots might have something to do with him 'gassing .

It was obvious from the start the Georgian was a very tricky southpaw and Arthur did what he often does , sacrifice the early rounds to wear the man down . Anyone remember the Burns fight ? , Arthur lost the first 3 but kept working the body and it paid dividends . Also I had the first 5 rounds 3-2 to the Georgian not him winning every one .

3. Guess who the IBF champ is ?..........Mzonke Fana , does anyone doubt Arthur could beat him ?
    If Frank does his job Arthur could easily find himself WBO and IBF champ , something that's very hard to accomplish if you're not World class .

Alex Arthur is A level , he's just not Elite .

9. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I thought it took him three rounds to figure the southpaw style out. Gogo was decent but not world class. Nice to get a belt. Hope he can keep it. It will be nice to see him face onef the big boys and get a true judgement of his top level credentials.

10. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Arthur tends to be a slow starter so losing early rounds seems to happen with Arthur. He lost early rounds to Burns too and still won.

I agree with Bigears he's A level but not elite.

11. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Once gain i agree with Bigears.

12. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    i dont want to base my opinion on tonights perforance as I know he was fighting one awkward, dirty southpaw but i have had the opinion that AAA is clearly a couple of levels below the likes of Marquez, Pac, Guzman etc.

he's a big super featherweight and overpowered the georgian mostly tonight, but showed speed does trouble him as does movement.

Warren has managed to manufacture a world belt for him though and I think he will go on to succesfully defend it. Probabably in his back yard against Michael Gomez.

13. AllyT

AllyT Active Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2004
    You should base your opiniomn on tonights performance.

This guy was super fast, super ringwise, and by any streatch of the imagination no mug. Arthur who has not boxed since November smashed him like he has never been smashed.

14. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Marquez and Pac are amazing but AA could sit with the others.

With so many titles its easy for so so fighters to get thier hands on a belt but AA is not one of these, he is class. It just happens that two top pfp fighters are in his division right now.

What chance of getting AA a fight with the other main guys? I would imagine it would be pretty good seen as he's not considered a huge threat and the red tape back in America with certain fighters.

15. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Didn't Arthur Injure Pac In Sparring when he sparred with Pac.

A good counter puncher will beat Pac, he mostly just has raw speed and power.