Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Make all the excuses you want for Team Horn but the fact is they wanted an already shot 43 year old fighter as weak and depleted as possible the re hydration clause was what you were conveniently leaving out of your argument. Now they want Zerafa to move up in weight, weird how Horn is now comfortably moving up 2 weights I hope that there is VADA testing for this fight but somehow I doubt that there will be.

2. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I'm not nor do i need to make excuses for Horn,your the 1 making excuses for Mundine that make zero sense,now based on nothing more then your blind hate for Horn your attempting to accuse him of being a drug cheat it's beyond pathetic and everybody sees right thru your agenda.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  3. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    It only makes zero sense if you stick your head in the sand, Horn cheats inside the ring he and his team are shady and they have the Australian media on their side who look the other way and convince the casuals that he is a top fighter. In hindsight Mundine was never going to win the fight but if it was at 160 he would've had a fighting chance.

red_roo, Francis75 and sparta like this.
  4. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Lol I get it mate you love horn and I can understand why as we got no one else going for us ATM, but firstly odds mean ****, the odds get swayed by hype, Ruiz vs josh as an example, I picked ruiz to starch Joshua and you can dig up the threads to see that. any one who truely understands boxing can see that this is a tough fight for horn, I think it is you getting blinded by the PAC fight and overating horn as a result, don't get me wrong I don't mind horn and he is a good fighter but let's be realistic, without the fouling and that ref he gets starched by PAC, and until horn beats someone else on pacs level on neutral ground it will be seen as it is by most of the boxing world as a disgusting robbery. The proof will be in the pudding when horn steps up again.

zoley, red_roo and MidniteProwler like this.
  5. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    So who else is at Rushtons gym now other then Horn and Goodhall,I heard he had few decent amateurs? I thought either you or @Sandman_ would have the best idea on here

Sandman_ likes this.
  6. sparta

Feb 4, 2008
    He's def looking heavy and sluggish, zerafa be licking his chops for sure.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  7. DONT B SCARED

Mar 8, 2017
    No I have no special connection to Horn or any current fighter but I do support all the aussie boys when they step up on the world stage but i'm realistic with expectations and i'm not blinded by anything.
    There's plenty on here who know more about the sport then me and are able write out a reply better then me,but when it comes to how odds work,stats etc. there isn't anybody on here who knows more about the subject then me,I've been leading the prediction league on here basically since start of the year

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  8. Francis75

Francis75 FAB 4 Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    The Chavez-Whitakker fight was HUGE at the time. The clear p4p no.1 and 2 fighting each other for all the marbles. As you say Whitakker was robbed but true boxing fans/media know he won.

What other times in the history of boxing have the p4p no.1 and 2 actually fought ?

9. sparta

Feb 4, 2008
    Judging by the stomach flab that's just where he is at ATM with conditioning and his sharpness, speed etc will reflect that, he still has 6 weeks to be ready, this is a going to be a tough fight for horn, zerafa has a very good chance here, he has only been beaten by top level guys.

MidniteProwler, juppity and red_roo like this.
  10. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Brock Jarvis has been backing in training 10 days and is fighting Filipino Ernesto Saulong on the Hornet vs Zerafa undercard. Saulong in 2018 fought for the IBF World Title against Japan Ryosuke Iwasa who next fight after lost the title to TJ Doheny. A win will give Brock that all important IBF top 15 ranking.
    * Justis Huni has being sparring Willis Meehan.
    * Many Aust trainers get little exposure .
    Mark Wilson / Rocky Huni - Justis Huni
    Tapu Opetia - Jai Opetia
    Justin Fitzgerald strike coach - Rob Whittaker
    * Jack Brubaker on Aust Ninja Warrior.
    This content is protected

DONT B SCARED, sparta and Sandman_ like this.
  11. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Dennis Hogan winning a world title would have been a great achievement for Glenn Rushton. Hogan should have got the decision over Mexican Mungo imo. Will likely get another crack at it if Mungo moves up in weight & relinquishes the title so watch this space.

Training Horndog from his first amateur fight to world professional championship status is also a great achievement. Horndog winning another world title would be another feather in his cap. Horndog will likely get a shot at a middleweight world title but winning it won't be easy.

Joe Goodall won World amateur championship bronze & Commonwealth games silver. Getting him good fights & adequate sparring in this country will be a challenge.

The other notable fighters out of that gym currently are Cameron Hammond (2012 Olympian who beat Daniel Lewis for the spot) and Joel Camilleri (who has just begun there). Those four guys (Horn, Hogan, Camilleri & Hammond) can presumably give each other plenty of good sparring.

Lots of other top fighters from around the country go to that gym for sparring which I think accounts for much of its success.

If the likes of Michael Zerafa & Tim Tszyu expect to knock Horndog off his pedestal, they will need to cover off that aspect of their preparations.

juppity, WhataRock and DONT B SCARED like this.
  12. sparta

Feb 4, 2008
    Lol @ jack, looks like Spiderman, come a long way since a scrawny kid back in the day at Southside, good fighter, always worked hard.

Sandman_ likes this.
  13. sparta

Feb 4, 2008
    Lots of good sparring there for horn, that's great so no excuses come fight night, may the best man win.

Sandman_ likes this.
  14. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    To be fair a roided up 100+kg Mundine would have collapsed like a rotten deck chair as soon a Horn touched that glass chin that is now shot to bits...

DONT B SCARED likes this.
  15. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    If Zerafa had power I would seriously back him to win.