Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I see Gallen and Browne are going at each other on social media. Gallen wants the fight in April.
    Browne acts like he wants the fight but there is really something off about him these last few years, anything involving him seems to fall through.

2. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    I’m back managing him. We’ve already agreed to the terms on offer. He’s signed a two fight deal with Dean Lonergan prior to being contacted about this. If the promoter’s can work out their business, it’ll happen.

Fairly telling that the first time Gallen mentions Browne on social media is after it was announced that he’s signed with Lonergan for two fights.

juppity, WhataRock and Sandman_ like this.
  3. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    No surprise that POS Lonergan is standing in the way.

4. maco_187

maco_187 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Hey mate, hopefully he gets back on track when did you guys part for how long? He's lost all momentum, he shouldn't have left Rodney imo. Since he left he hasn't looked the same, IMO he would never lost against Allen previously. Its been frustrating seeing him linked to fights & it looking like he is pulling out all time

5. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    To be honest, he'd be well within his right to stand in his way, but he's not. He's let Lucas explore other options, so there's no complaints from our end of things. If the two promoters (Lonergan and Rose) can come to an agreement, the fight will happen.

Sandman_ likes this.
  6. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    Split after the Junior Pati fight. There was no falling out, it had just run its course. He was firing under Rodney, but unfortunately he lives on the other side of the country and is very active in his kids lives, who live in WA. I agree he shouldn't have pulled out of the McKean fight, I think he walks through him personally. I wasn't looking after him at that stage though. Good chance that'll happen this year.

WhataRock likes this.
  7. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Thanks for the insight hopefully the fight gets made. Browne is past his best and some people are picking Gallen to beat him. I at one stage thought it was 50/50 but after seeing Gallen Hunt I favour Browne 70/30. Browne hits harder than Hunt IMO and I think that he will catch Gallen at some stage in the fight and unlike Hunt Browne will have the punch selection and gas tank to finish him.

juppity, ipswich express and Sandman_ like this.
  8. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Yeah I think Gal might be reaching a bit far with this one but good on him for taking on a legit boxer.

9. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    All good mate, you’re welcome. For mine you hit the nail on the head, he’s got a bigger kit of punches than Hunt, most importantly a jab. If he hurts Gal, he won’t let him off the hook either.

Mr Icaman and MidniteProwler like this.
  10. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    Credit where it’s due, if it gets made. Gallen’s definitely a tough man.

MidniteProwler and WhataRock like this.
  11. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I've heard DAZN has been underwhelming but i thought it would be a good thing for boxing and the hardcore fans who had been craving content in this country once it was launched here.
    I havn't heard much local fights/fighters being on there though?

Sandman_ likes this.
  12. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    None so far. But for $3 a month I’ve already watched Joshua, GGG, Canelo and Ryan Garcia fight on it. No complaints.

13. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Mick Francis Tasman Fighters which have been on Fox have been great promotions next show is March with Ben Mahoney and Sam Goodman slated to fight with opponents TBA. No word yet if its on Fox or who will headline with TF stable stars Huni sidelined or Opetia fighting.
    * Benjamin Hussian new trainer is Benny Harrington trainer of Huni and Liam Wilson.
    * Former Aust SMW Champ and now promising trainer Faris Chevalier who hasn't fought since 2016 is new opponent for Blake Caparello. I really hope they have a good Dr on hand for this disgraceful card .
    * NRL All Stars is PPV and without Huni or any legitimate boxers at the moment is really a non event.

14. ipswich express

Aug 22, 2004
    Tasman Fighters card is now April 10th...

Harrington doesn’t train Huni. Huni’s father and Mark Wilson do. Harrington has Wilson, Miles Zalewski and Vegas Larfield.

I actually have no real issue with Caparello v Chevalier. Both are defensive wizards. Schedule it for 20 rounds, there won’t be a stoppage.

15. maco_187

maco_187 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Ippy what do you make of Huni & the concussion issue? Doesn't bode well for the big punchers in the heavyweights, as skilled as he is.