Australian Boxing/SM Memorial thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by stiflers mum, Mar 3, 2018.

1. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    This content is protected

Mundine looks fkn terrible! Should be at light heavy at this stage of his career. Rediculous!
    Hope he can hydrate and have enough strength to stay alive here.

Sandman_ likes this.
  2. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Yeah doesn’t look good his skin looks saggy he looks old and frail.

sparta and Sandman_ like this.
  3. shanemfr

shanemfr Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 29, 2004
    He looks like he escaped a nursing home. The way his face muscles are sagged lately looks like he has mild case of Bells Palsy.
    I wouldn't mind throwing the sausage in the 2 female fighters.

4. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Eddie Hearn was trying to match Blake Caparello with Joshu Butasi May. Faris Chevalier step in after his major upset ?
    * SBW warm up fight for Hall likely opponent is Danny Rio a western Sydney fighter from NZ.
    * Mateo Tapia vs Renold Quinlan rematch for Tszyu undercard.
    * Former decorated AM Jack Bowen a MTK Global signed fighter is trying to do a Isaac Hardman and move down to MW.

* RIP Marvellous Marvin Hagler a legend my all time fav boxer and idol as a boxer.

5. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Rest easy Marvin Hagler he was a ATG Legend. He was before my time but I watched tapes of him as a kid and like most I thought the fight with Hearns was epic I probably have watched that round hundreds of times.

Shark Attack, ecto55, juppity and 4 others like this.
  6. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Ebanie Bridges getting a title shot.

Good for her. You would think Shannon O'Connell should be in line for one soon.

Her and Johnson were both ranked in the top 10 for the WBA.

Sandman_ likes this.
  7. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Bridges getting a shot is a perfect example of a popularity contest I have seen her instagram she puts herself out there and has a bunch of sex deprived thirsty followers LOL. She can't fight for **** and would get beaten by both Shotgun O'Connell and Neeka Johnson. That's where things are not fair as O'Connell appears to have dedicated her life to boxing and is an extremely hard worker where Bridges is some former fitness model side show act.

WhataRock likes this.
  8. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    * Faris Chevalier has rejected fights from a big UK Promotional Company to fight in the UK on April 24 because of Ramadan. Faris can take up offers after mid May and should have a top 5 ranking and will be chasing up big international fights.
    * Arsene Fosso vs Faigu Opelu on Jarvis undercard will be a slugfest.

Sandman_ and WhataRock like this.
  9. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Fosso vs Opelu should be a great little shoot out whilst it lasts.

Inglis_1, Sandman_ and juppity like this.
  10. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Yeah, for sure. The only thing missing from that Canberra show was Arsene Fosso being matched competitively & now he is. That's a good reward for both guys after strong performances against Justis Huni in television fights. They get another television fight. Albeit a tough one against each other.

It's going to be a great month of Australian boxing coming up. Four big shows (Tszyucastle, Gold Coast, Wollongong & Canberra) with most of the best talent in the country featuring. Looking forward to several fights on each of these shows.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  11. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    * Am all for trilogy's like Justin Frost vs Waylon Law but not Scorpion vs Solomon on Tszyu undercard.
    * NRL All Stars PPV was a success and part 2 is being scheduled for Oct / Nov with Jason Taumalolo vs Matt Lodge in neg.
    * Smash him Ferocious.
    https://www.sportingnews.com/au/box...as-fight-draws-near/qngllb071y0717qgvrf95shur
    * Always thought Bobby Knuckles as all round good guy and after watching a interview on him Thurs night it only only reinforced that view. If you have a chance a reply is available on ABC.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03...out-before-his-ufc-loss-to-adesanya/100016320

DONT B SCARED and Sandman_ like this.
  12. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I can still remember the first fight between Sakio & King Sam. I had Sakio winning but the Victorian judges gave it to Sam. I think some of those judges must have retired & moved to Queensland.

I'd actually have preferred to see the two of them matched with Cesar Mateo Tapia & Wade Ryan instead. Who knows? We might get one of those fights later in the year. A win over a name like Sakio would be a real boost to Tapia's career.

Sakio, like Anthony Mundine, has had a 20-year pro career. He can't have much left at this point.

Sam Soliman is about to knock up 24 years as a pro. And in his last three starts he's drawn with Wes Capper, defeated Tej Singh (according to Victorian judges, but later changed to NC) & defeated the respectable Mark Lucas (who fights The Headsplitter in Canberra next month).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    ecto55 and MidniteProwler like this.
  13. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Bika v Solibum 3 on PPV... That’ll do me...
    Lol

14. WhataRock

Jul 29, 2004
    Dont really see it adding much to the card to be honest.

Unless you are into seeing an octopus and a python wrestle.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  15. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Not sure if your just trolling with continued digs about qld officials ,as you and others are unable to comenup with more then a couple of examples ,while making excuses for the inept officials ans judging from down south which happens on a monthly basis and is and has always been worse then anything that happens up here.