BBBOC rules for boxing shows

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    It’d be like watching some amateur shows. You’d get used to it and there is bonuses. Imagine the noises of clean shots landing and heads clashing on your tele. I’m starved of sport and hate it. I’m saving money on betting and petrol for that matter but I’m spending plenty on ale haha.

TBC-ASAP likes this.
  2. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Sadly many people are brain dead.

I don't know, but it seems like some people just seem to think we'll be okay because we're British. You've got Spain, France, Italy and so on locking down very early, you've got places like South Korea shutting shop with very few deaths, New Zealand I think locked down with no deaths, and what were we doing? 'Oh it's just like the flu, we won the bloody war anyway, I didn't vote to leave to be stuck inside like that bloody foreign lot, three cheers for Cheltenham.'

Net result; more dead Brits than anywhere else in Europe. Important that we don't make more mistakes, but hopefully the mistakes made at the start are brought to account.

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I was going through beer after beer for 5 weeks and now decided to stay off it completely for 2 weeks and reset.

The mistake is sticking them in the fridge as you can almost taste the beer before you open the cold can.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  4. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I was in the it’s only a flu camp. As you say 5% chance didn’t scare me but I’m not running the country. Decisions should be taken out of people like me’s hands. Yes, as you say I’ve been watching the likes of them countries closely and I feel they are the countries that aren’t greedy I guess and would rather protect people not money.

5. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Our government are massive massive wankers. My wife is an NHS nurse in ICU. If she worked on a normal covid ward she would turn up everyday not knowing if she would had protection. The panorama thing the other night was a shocker.

The planes thing is frightening, not seen my parents for 4 months yet someone could fly from Wuhan via Milan.

People are applauding and enjoying the fact the NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE has turned into a charity. It should be funded by tax that we pay. The fact it has been so terribly managed has been turned into some sort of national joy. Some coffin Dodger walking up and down his driveway should not be funding the NHS, the shame of it is Matt Hancock will **** the money up the wall anyway.

6. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Eddie Hearns has come out saying as many people will die from "mental health from the lockdown" as from Corona virus. Baffling comment really, it might be coming from a good place but still completely detached from reality.

7. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Also Boris now being some kind of hero, the **** went round shaking hands with covid patients then caught Covid. He isnt a hero, he is a very lucky moron.

8. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Who two years ago, with most in the cabinet, voted down a pay rise to these now key workers in the NHS...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  9. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Every single Torrie MP voted against the pay rise and celebrated when the votes were counted.

Brexit loving Boris had two johnny foreigners save his life, who by his wishes would be back in their own country.

The irony to all of this is endless.

We need boxing and sports back however. Once money stops cycling, people start spending less, earning less and the government get less tax to fund the health service. So we need industries to start coming back.

neverheardofher likes this.
  10. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    And the sorry your wife or husband died because we were too busy knocking out commemorative 50p's for Brexit to buy PPE in January so here is a bonus 60k, please do sue us concept.

****s the lot of them

Jurgen likes this.
  11. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    It seems the only thing that has stopped this being a complete disaster in the UK, is the work of the said key workers.

They have toiled in sometimes totally unacceptable danger while the political class have wet themselves over some former Army Captain who it seems has a small park rather than garden, but has saved them over £30 Million.

Jurgen likes this.
  12. Deepdale

Deepdale New Member Full Member

Dec 4, 2019

Or they know exactly what they're doing and don't want to shut down completely as it will cost them too much. What they clearly didn't take into account was that by not just locking down straight away this has dragged on longer than it needed too and will probably cost a load more in the long run anyway.

As others have said hopefully all this ends soon as I'm not sure my liver can take much more. I used to be really strong mentally but every time I see a beer in the fridge I can't help but drink it.

Here's Johnny and Jurgen like this.
  13. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Keir Starmer seems a notable upgrade on most the people in parliament.

He can count, he can ask precise questions, he is good at counter questions after being fobbed off. I think he will be good at holding Boris and his band of ****s to their actions. Have been very impressed with him.

Boris is one of the most poisonous individual this nation has produced.

TBooze likes this.
  14. Turpins chin

Turpins chin New Member Full Member

Aug 29, 2019
    I’m glad on here people are recognising key workers existed before this !!!! I’m a key worker, the tories are an absolute disgrace, I wouldn’t vote for them ever. It’s high time they also started telling the truth about this and their record on the nhs in general. Now back to topic, can’t wait for boxing in some form to resume and will pay whatever they charge and probably feel it’s a bargain !!!!

15. znalniaskas

znalniaskas Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Make a cheap PPV or free TV event with interesting prospects facing eachother or stepping up against a crafty journeyman. They won't earn a ton of money, so the expenses will be rather limited.
    I don't think that guys like Bakole, Majiodov or even Zhang would earn that mutch money (speaking of the matchroom guys only), but those guys against some durable opponents or guys who are willing to make it a fight would't be too shabby.

CutThroatFade likes this.