Beterbiev is so dirty fighter.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by woku1021, Jun 21, 2022.

1. woku1021

woku1021 New Member banned Full Member

May 10, 2022
    He should stop deliberately hitting the back of his head. his two of the punches knock Smith down this time. he hit the back of smith head.

2. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Where? Time stamp it for me. Tell me exactly where he hit Smith in the back of the head.

This content is protected

This content is protected

Artur aims at the temple, but depending on the opponent's reaction like moving forward or side ward, it will look like he's landing at the back of the temple. But the physics says you can't be aiming at the back of the temple when you're too far away. So in cases like this, the temple landing depends entirely on the opponent's momentum.

These back of the temple hitting things are common in clinches or in a very short range or when the opponents duck very low, that's why those ducking very low moves are illegal in boxing, it's for the fighter's own good.

People need to stop trying to discredit Beterbiev or calling him dirty. He was superior in every way and people need to respect that.

Quina74, MetalLicker, HolDat and 16 others like this.
  3. AWNP

AWNP Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Beterbiev did a proper demolition job on Joe Smith Jr and to me it was fair. I get why some people might not like that Joe got battered (he seems like a nice guy) or they expected a more competitive fight but that shouldn't be used as a way to discredit Beterbievs win

pacas, Ducklerr, Robney and 3 others like this.
  4. woku1021

woku1021 New Member banned Full Member

May 10, 2022
    look at his first and last knockdowns. It was obviously a back shot.

5. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I thought it was quite clean. If we're going to compare Beterbiev with actual dirty fighters, he's basically a saint.

BCS8, box33, lordlosh and 8 others like this.
  6. UniversalPart

Jul 1, 2010
    The last knockdown was two uppercuts and a right top head shot.

I gave you two video sources to counter and disprove your argument and you're still saying the same thing. You've already made up your mind and facts won't change that.

Quina74, pacas, CLUBBER and 2 others like this.
  7. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Beterbiev is a saint compared to Sandy Saddler, Eusebio Pedroza, Andre Ward, Bernard Hopkins. Those guys were filthy.

Seamus, box33, ForemanJab and 2 others like this.
  8. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    I haven't watched it back in slow mo, but watching the replays on the broadcast footage I recall that an early KD was a hook to the temple, another one he landed a flush straight right to the chin with Smith on the ropes, and the final sequence he landed a clean uppercut.
    If there were some decisive rabbit punches, I didn't see them and in the heat of those exchanges it's hard to say what is deliberate as they were both swinging away.

For instance, Beter's coach claimed the mark on his head was from a Smith elbow. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, that would be quite ironic here. That could well have been an accident though, if it was an elbow.

I haven't noticed dirty fighting from Beter from what I've seen, but I'll genuinely keep an eye out for it.

Meanwhile, let's go through some 'ATG's' people often excuse. Mayweather sucker punched Ortiz after elbowing him, Ward headbutted and lowblowed, Hopkins broke every rule, Lennox raked Vitali's cut, Wlad headbutted Fury, and everyone's hero ''Iron Mike'' literally bit a chunk out of an opponent's ear.

ShortRound, Robney and Quina74 like this.
  9. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I had a feeling it would be a shootout. I didn’t think Beterbiev would turn the screw so early on and also I didn’t think smith would go for it from the start so that’s why it ended in 2.

10. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Not sure i saw any punches that put Smith down hit the back of the head. Hes not a dirty fighter by any means.

pacas and Ducklerr like this.
  11. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    What kind of power does Beterbiev possess?

He throws short arm punches, you never see him throw overhead shots. But still he destroys his opponents.

How can his short arm punches be so destructive? When you look at it, he seems like he doesn't put any power in his shots. Weird.

12. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    The KDs were to the side of the head/temple area. Sometimes the glove will slide round the back of the head after impact because, duh, no matter how hard you punch you can't punch through someone's head. But I only saw one or two rabbit punches. The damage was done with the stupid hard thudding bombs to the side of the head and no one is taking as many clean ones in quick succession like that to that area from Artur unless they have a cranium as thick as a wall

BCS8, CST80, Seamus and 4 others like this.
  13. UniversalPart

Jul 1, 2010
    Look at his hips, he also turns and rotates his shoulder into the punch as well. There's multiple pivot points which exacerbate the impact.

Arm punches

Turning hips + keeping shoulder static

Turning hips + rotating shoulder

14. TheEliteMaster100

TheEliteMaster100 Member Full Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Boots Ennis is more deliberate/blatant yet nobody complains about that.

15. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Don't feed the trolls.

UniversalPart likes this.